Leroy Sane - 2016/2017 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may press but there are times where he stands around looking passive, not knowing whether to go towards the ball or cut off the pass. In the end, he often ends up doing neither.
Because he is instructed to do so - occupy his wing, stretch the oppos and use energy wisely. If that can be done by 'staying' there, why not? He isn't supposed to mark fullbacks all the time.

Because he is instructed to do so - occupy his wing, stretch the oppos and use energy wisely. If that can be done by 'staying' there, why not? He isn't supposed to mark fullbacks all the time.

Yeah. I can imagine Pep saying, "Leroy, when defending in your own half stand still and do not track the runner or even make an attempt to block a cross." His defending, even taking into account that he is a winger whose main job is to supply and score, could do with improving.

Yeah. I can imagine Pep saying, "Leroy, when defending in your own half stand still and do not track the runner or even make an attempt to block a cross." His defending, even taking into account that he is a winger whose main job is to supply and score, could do with improving.
Fair point, now see what you mean.

He is phenomenal defensively. The amount of times he's won the ball back around the box is probably a record for a winger!

He is phenomenal defensively. The amount of times he's won the ball back around the box is probably a record for a winger!

That isn't the sum total of what he needs to do defensively. I have witnessed it in several games where he simply stands off and/or doesn't follow his man.

I am aware that having said this, or something similar a number of times, I appear to be over emphasising the issue to the point where I appear to be making it a bigger issue than it is . :)

Technically and physically, very dangerous player. Pep will mold this lad into something special, every winger can go missing in games or at stages of the season but I haven't noticed Sane get upset over it and be petulant which is a great sign. Jesus is very much in the same boat as is Sterling. We have the best manager to turn any or hopefully all of these three into the world beaters they can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.