Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanchez could be a wonderful versatile solution in case we sell Aguero and bring in only 1 attacker. But as Kun stays, I hope we'll find a better winger/striker (Auba, Mbappe, Gelson Martins).

Sanchez could be a wonderful versatile solution in case we sell Aguero and bring in only 1 attacker. But as Kun stays, I hope we'll find a better option for the wing (Auba, Mbappe, Gelson Martins).

None of those are better options "for the wing" than Sanchez.

IMO, Mbappe would be devastating as ST/LW, same applies for Auba as ST/RW. Henry was wonderful executing the same role as Sane in 2008/09.

Auba is a centre-forward and, though he has some experience out wide, arguably Mbappe has made his name in the same role.

I like both players and rate them highly, but I think the benefits Sanchez brings outweigh them both, least of all that he already comes adept at playing Pep's system.

Sanchez would be a fantastic addition and is an archetypal Pep player
Add Mbappe as well and we could field some terrifying front lines for opposing defenders

Rather buy someone who can play on the right. Aguero and Jesus are already sorted in the middle, Sane and Jesus both also great on the left. Only really Sterling on the right, with possibly Roberts returning. Just don't see where Sanchez would play

Rather buy someone who can play on the right. Aguero and Jesus are already sorted in the middle, Sane and Jesus both also great on the left. Only really Sterling on the right, with possibly Roberts returning. Just don't see where Sanchez would play

Good news, Sanchez can play on the right too. He's put in 11 appearances there this season and last for the Arses, but he played 23 games in 2013 alone for Barca there and made quite a few under Pep too (who routinely moved him about, as he is wont to do)

Would like to see Roberts in the squad too though, I think he's earned it.

Sanchez is world class, but is he better than what we have in that position? Wide forward is where City are strongest:

Sane, Sterling, Roberts. Not sure given his age I would go for him. Arsenal and Barcelona possibly had his best years. He is a great player, but I am thinking that Sane and Jesus are going to be super star players for City. Roberts is very promising. Sterling is young and could easily step up. And Aguero is still scoring. I think if Aguero moves, then we will need to replace him, but at the moment I'd be looking at the full-back, keeper, and defensive midfield options.

He already comes adept at playing Pep's system.
Sanchez would be a fantastic addition and is an archetypal Pep players
Sanchez wasn't pulling up trees under Pep in Barca though. Both Barca's major signings of summer 2011 (him and Cesc) couldn't match the level of their teammates and were eventually sold for a reason. But then again, maybe I'm setting standards too high as the same can be said about Yaya. And Sanchez has improved since then, especially in scoring department.
Read about our interest in Sporting's Gelson Martins - Portuguese speedy RW. Sanchez can also play there.

Didn't see your post until I'd posted mine. I agree with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.