Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

Apparently an armed police op in burnage/fallowfield, perhaps around Aston avenue

Not sure if related

People sitting in a support centre at Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium....

3166.jpg

People outside a support centre at Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium

1620.jpg

We were out last night meeting up with our ex-pat friend we have not seen for 10 years, I was laughing and joking with her well travelled American husband about his paranoid work-mates advising him to watch his back whilst in the U.K. I woke up this morning to find out my cousin took her beautiful daughter to the gig last night who is now undergoing surgery on an injured leg, she has survived but I fear it may live with her the rest of her young life.

We were out last night meeting up with our ex-pat friend we have not seen for 10 years, I was laughing and joking with her well travelled American husband about his paranoid work-mates advising him to watch his back whilst in the U.K. I woke up this morning to find out my cousin took her beautiful daughter to the gig last night who is now undergoing surgery on an injured leg, she has survived but I fear it may live with her the rest of her young life.
sending my love her way

Absolutely, but it's worth mentioning that the police have been one of the hardest hit of all the public services by budget cuts. Do they even have the resources to increase their presence at major events, not to mention their monitoring of potential terrorists?

You're right, but today is not the day to discuss the gap between what is said by our elected politicians and what is done.

I read that story and it also had me thinking. Here is a young man with nothing. As you said at times not even afforded respect as a human being ffs. And what does he do? When ithers need help, does he run or think nobody cares about me why should I bother? No, he goes into a situation that he had no way of knowing was over.

He comforted a child who was terribly injured. Just think about that. A person that has fallen and that must see disdain in people's faces day in day out. We are more likely to get angry at them being there than why they are there. We don't know their stories, or what they have endured but we judge and walk by.

This young man is also of the best of us. He has nothing materially, but by fuck he has a heart and courage and I too feel sad with myself for every time I felt irritation.

Heroes come from unexpected places and this young man reminds us of that. Kindness costs nothing, even if that only consists of a smile, in a day when all you see is faces who would rather you weren't there, imagine how a smile would make you feel?

Well done Richard Parker a true British hero and I hope you and all like you get the help you need. You fucking deserve it son.

Magicpole and the poster you were replying to.

What a beautiful post.

it is difficult to comprehend the suffering that some people are going through right now.
like many others, no doubt, i have shed tears even though i don't directly know anyone involved.
manchester is a beautiful city full of beautiful people.
shit like this won't change that fact.

I read that story and it also had me thinking. Here is a young man with nothing. As you said at times not even afforded respect as a human being ffs. And what does he do? When ithers need help, does he run or think nobody cares about me why should I bother? No, he goes into a situation that he had no way of knowing was over.

He comforted a child who was terribly injured. Just think about that. A person that has fallen and that must see disdain in people's faces day in day out. We are more likely to get angry at them being there than why they are there. We don't know their stories, or what they have endured but we judge and walk by.

This young man is also of the best of us. He has nothing materially, but by fuck he has a heart and courage and I too feel sad with myself for every time I felt irritation.

Heroes come from unexpected places and this young man reminds us of that. Kindness costs nothing, even if that only consists of a smile, in a day when all you see is faces who would rather you weren't there, imagine how a smile would make you feel?

Well done Richard Parker a true British hero and I hope you and all like you get the help you need. You fucking deserve it son.

Very well said mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.