Aleix Garcia - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same problem as with Iheanacho, he's supposedly part of the fist team squad so doesn't play EDS, but doesn't play much first team either. Then when he suddenly gets an opportunity he's supposed to slot right in. Can't be match sharp, it'd be hard enough for experienced senior players.

Then if it's not going well he's the first one subbed, hammering his confidence.

Still has a ways to go but has the technical ability to be very good. It didn't help that he was put in to a makeshift side that had clichy and navas as wing backs.

I think the experience our lads gain with FC Twente, Nac Breda and Girno are more valuable than what Garcia gained this season.

Next season we better loan him and Kelechi.

Same problem as with Iheanacho, he's supposedly part of the fist team squad so doesn't play EDS, but doesn't play much first team either. Then when he suddenly gets an opportunity he's supposed to slot right in. Can't be match sharp, it'd be hard enough for experienced senior players.

Then if it's not going well he's the first one subbed, hammering his confidence.

This all day. I ain't watched the match but I don't need to too say that a complete lack of opportunities hampers development, throwing them on with hoping it works rather than growing them is a short term, idiotic strategy.

We're all about finding reasons not to do things rather than finding reasons to do things.

I actually thought he looked alright, but was completely wasted in the system. He was happily recycling possession and pinging the ball out to the wingers, but the wingers were Gael Clichy and Jesus Navas, so it's a waste of time. if we had more comfortable control of that game and genuine threats in the wide areas then he'd have been a real asset, but with the way the team was set up he was never going to do well. I'm not sure what Pep even expected him to do tbh, other than just be a completely different player than the one he is.

His diagonal passing is top drawer and he's clearly very comfortable in possession, he'd surely be much happier hitting those diagonals in behind for Sane and Sterling coming off the line, rather than to Clichy and Navas just standing on the touchline hoping the ball doesn't come to them

Thought it was unfortunate that he was thrust into a side that had no Yaya, Silva, Sane or Sterling. Difficult for the young lad.

hope he has a much bigger part to play next season
I'm kind of hoping for a breakout season with him, but I think it's only possible if Yaya leaves, even if he leaves it will be hard tho lol.

If we assume Yaya leaves, then in the '2' more defensive midfield positions we have, we can play Kevin, Gundogan, Fabinho and Dinho. I'm also assuming Fernando and Delph are gone.

He may need to wait until Dinho retires to break into those 2 spots, since we have 4 players there.

It's easier if you can imagine Pep rotating Kevin and Silva in the attacking midfield role, but he seems reluctant to do this. Now that I think about it, how is Silva going to be rotated next season, we can't possibly rely on him as much as we have this season, might be a potential issue.

I'm kind of hoping for a breakout season with him, but I think it's only possible if Yaya leaves, even if he leaves it will be hard tho lol.

If we assume Yaya leaves, then in the '2' more defensive midfield positions we have, we can play Kevin, Gundogan, Fabinho and Dinho. I'm also assuming Fernando and Delph are gone.

He may need to wait until Dinho retires to break into those 2 spots, since we have 4 players there.

It's easier if you can imagine Pep rotating Kevin and Silva in the attacking midfield role, but he seems reluctant to do this. Now that I think about it, how is Silva going to be rotated next season, we can't possibly rely on him as much as we have this season, might be a potential issue.
maybe pep will will swap him with gundogan since they are somewhat similar or use more youth players like diaz and foden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.