Referees/Officials

As a referee who was once in the promotion system there is still something I have never fully understood regarding PL refs. Up until the PL there is every chance you can either promoted or demoted depending on performances. Why does that not apply in the top flight? If you are in the bottom 3 following assessments and club marks you should be relegated and the top 3 from the football league promoted. It works at every level up to that point. When I was in the Vanarama league I was in the bottom band until the last few games & managed to get into the middle band luckily (mainly due to others ballsing up). The next year I finished in the middle band but had to quit because of injury.

Also a referee can only ref the FA Cup final once in his/her career. Why does the top official not get the final every year irrespective of the fact he has reffed it the last 5 years. Works at every level up to PL & in theory would be an incentive.

Maybe the current cozy cartel suits them, the PL and a few clubs just fine so why change it?

Sorry mate but at PL level i have zero respect for any of them because they seemingly answer to no one and dont give 2 shits about their mistakes that now happen every single game if you can call them mistakes.

PiGMOL is not fit for purpose!

Maybe the current cozy cartel suits them, the PL and a few clubs just fine so why change it?

Sorry mate but at PL level i have zero respect for any of them because they seemingly answer to no one and dont give 2 shits about their mistakes that now happen every single game if you can call them mistakes.

PiGMOL is not fit for purpose!

No need to be sorry my friend. Always defended them until this season. Just too much has happened.

No need to be sorry my friend. Always defended them until this season. Just too much has happened.

Too much indeed, and I highly suspect not all mistakes.

As a referee, (and I am in no means questioning your integrity) you must be aware that there are subtle way to manage a game in favour of a particular team?

Things that often go unnoticed in the grand scheme of things like not playing advantage when a team has a clear advantage which may lead to a goal scoring opportunity, or unfairly applying the law of foul play, marginal offside's, penalties, etc.

I think referee's in the PL are getting more devious at hiding it too. How many times have you seen a referee almost deliberately move into a position where their view appears impeded, then not give a clear foul/pen (or ask the lino for clarification)? I could name names here, but I think we all know who (more than one of them this season).

This has been pretty much the worst display of refereeing I have ever seen since I started going to Maine Road in '55! When you see throughout the match referees abiding by the written Laws of the Game and then departing from them in the most horrendous fashion one can only think Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Soft pens awarded to various teams, occasionally with no contact whatsoever and our players booked for being clattered, floored or cleaned out! Next season will be interesting because I am gonna compile a database of the fouls that Sterling is refused.

Please compile the all the fouls we're not given to our players

In a Pep press conference he was asked to comment on the retrospective ban for simulation - his reply "Are the refs going to be retrospectively reviewed?"

In a Pep press conference he was asked to comment on the retrospective ban for simulation - his reply "Are the refs going to be retrospectively reviewed?"

He has their cards well and truly marked.

Well said gaffer.

It was interesting see Michael Oliver give Everton a penalty on Sunday against Arsenal at the Emirates. The ball dropped onto Rob Holdings hand. Penalty given almost instantaneously. Wind back a few weeks to our game, and an almost identical situation where Monreal sticks an arm out in a more unnatural position. Result, no penalty. It really has been a frustrating season where decisions are correctly given for most teams, and not given when your name is Manchester City.
I have always said, if you think the game is bent, why bother watching. After this season, following on from last, I'm beginning to question why I do. Sad state of affairs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.