Islamic Terrorism: is religion/belief no matter how misguided, the main motivator?

On a serious note, I read most of it and found myself questioning the same sort of thing yesterday. People are of course reluctant to address the religion issue directly but when you consider how Judaism, Christianity and Islam evolved (the Abrahamic religions) - Christianity building on Judaism, Islam building on Christianity - it reeks of ancient propaganda. Different peoples within the same region (or the same that separated themselves), wanting to twist and manipulate for their own power grab. There is an inherent selfish nature in many people (but a minority, still an effective one) to vie for power and manipulation of things and others is a basic tactic to do so.

At the same time, banning religion isn't fair as it also helps a much larger number of people deal with things in a moral way.

Islam does not "build on Christianity". It cherry picks bits and ignores the most important facets of the religion. The two faiths may be waiting for Jesus to return but their concepts of Jesus are totally different.

Feck me there are some sick bastards on here if they think Christianity is a problem.
The 11th Commandment given by Jesus overrides every other statement in the bible.
John 13:34 "34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another."
Every act done by a Christian should be framed by this. Indeed, as such, the Old Testament is really just background.

Now historically rulers and leaders have abused this fact. But there is NOTHING more important. NOTHING.
That's funny

You're right of course. We're sick.

The Catholic Church on the other hand has nothing to answer for. They were as Christian as they come the last time I studied religion.

Keep cherry picking the bits of the medieval book/doctrine you like, and ignore the ones you don't. I think that's the 'enlightenment' referred to earlier.

Feck me there are some sick bastards on here if they think Christianity is a problem.
The 11th Commandment given by Jesus overrides every other statement in the bible.
John 13:34 "34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another."
Every act done by a Christian should be framed by this. Indeed, as such, the Old Testament is really just background.

Now historically rulers and leaders have abused this fact. But there is NOTHING more important. NOTHING.

Then why does Christianity oppose homosexuality if that is the case?

It is there a sub clause that I missed?

You are doing what is the default pisition, edit and ignore. It's either all truly the word of God, that infallible being. Are you saying he had a reboot? Or it's all made up.

It's all man made. The differences show the different perspectives of men over the centuries, not God. He cannot make mistakes if he existed, which I don't believe he ever has.

Jesus also said I am the only way. If you don't accept me you are going to hell to burn forever.

How does that square will love on any level?

Can you give me examples of terrorist the Uk have funded?

That would depend on the definition of terrorist but there is no doubt that the UK has backed regimes around the world that have been responsible for acts of terror. My point was that there is plenty of blood on plenty of hands from various conflicts around the globe where the good guy is difficult to differentiate from the bad one.

That would depend on the definition of terrorist but there is no doubt that the UK has backed regimes around the world that have been responsible for acts of terror. My point was that there is plenty of blood on plenty of hands from various conflicts around the globe where the good guy is difficult to differentiate from the bad one.
So that's a 'no' then.

The UK Government hasn't willingly financially backed a regime causing 'terrorist atrocities' out of a mutual benefit, has it.

I wouldn't dispute that.

I hadn't heard that, thought it was Libya.

What were the Hamas/Hezbollah motives for that?

They attacked the US in Lebanon, 300 marines and took hostages. I think your right that the majority of attacks are from a Sunni source which escalated after the Afghan wars and the first Iraq war were we were seen as crusaders in Muslim lands.

So that's a 'no' then.

The UK Government hasn't willingly financially backed a regime causing 'terrorist atrocities' out of a mutual benefit, has it.

That depends on your definition of 'no' :-)

I think you may be getting a little pedantic. Yes I think it probably has. No I can't give you any specific examples.

So-called Christians still abuse this. And your response will be "Ah but they're not really Christians". Not to you or many others they aren't but they certainly see themselves as such. There are people in power here and the USA who apparently believe in God and class themselves as committed Christians yet they have no qualms about bombing people in other countries and they convince themselves and others that they're carrying out the will of God. And that's the problem here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.