Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe that is where we differ as I don't anywhere near think Mbappe is close to being a top player let alone to be considered in the same bracket as Neymar. Is he a very talented young player with all the attributes to someday become a top one? yes but currently I wouldn't class him as one yet on the back of 1 season in the french league. There's been young players who've looked very talented in their breakthrough seasons and not gone on to do much since though admittedly very few have shown it at the champions league level. At this point we will be going in circles as we clearly have different views on his level as a player so let's just agree to disagree on that

Totally agree, always a couple of these type of players (few become that great, couple do) ....its like reading about Lukaku on here when he was at Anderlect.....we had to sign him as he was going to be this that and the other... rest is history as they say, he's found his level which is below us.

If we signed Sánchez, along with Sergio and Jesus, Sane......Mbappe would be begging for minutes in whatever the Mickey mouse cup is called next season.

Lets be real, if Pep signed Sanchez and Mbappé they'd be playing. Which means Aguero and Sterling would probably be getting shafted.

It just isn't going to happen, I don't know why anyone would think it could.

Not picking a fight but Neymar could equally struggle in the prem
I thought the same earlier in his career but I honestly think he'd take it by storm now(see Hazard, then think of how much more skilful Neymar is), if you don't think La Liga is physical enough(we go over the top with that IMO) you only need to watch him at international level he's got lots of fight in him. We're not getting Neymar though not without breaking the bank, he's worth too much commercially.

I'd be happy with Sanchez out of all the players we are linked to I think we'd get a fairer price for someone who can take us up a level where we can match any attacking force in Europe.

No, it would mean Iheanacho and Nolito out.
Nolito was not even on the bench against Watford so that argument does not stand. You should ask yourself who out of the current starting 11 drops out because Mbappe or Sanchez would start. And if they would not, why buy them. Without question, any top class forward would take Aguero's place as Sane and Jesus are not going to be dropped.

I can't see any move for Sanchez or Mbappe unless there is a big name departure.

Nolito was not even on the bench against Watford so that argument does not stand. You should ask yourself who out of the current starting 11 drops out because Mbappe or Sanchez would start. And if they would not, why buy them. Without question, any top class forward would take Aguero's place as Sane and Jesus are not going to be dropped.

I can't see any move for Sanchez or Mbappe unless there is a big name departure.
7 subs doesn't seem enough in today's game, I really think they need to increase the amount of subs on the bench by at least 1 and allow two subs per half(1 carried over). I wonder where Pep would use the extra man:

GK - goes without saying you need one, what I never get is when I see two keepers warming up when the number 1 gets injured... does that mean they used two spots for keepers?
Defence - two full backs one cb?
Midfield - we know how much he likes midfielders.
Attack - being able to rotate both wingers and the striker would be great for us.

7 subs doesn't seem enough in today's game, I really think they need to increase the amount of subs on the bench by at least 1 and allow two subs per half(1 carried over). I wonder where Pep would use the extra man:

GK - goes without saying you need one, what I never get is when I see two keepers warming up when the number 1 gets injured... does that mean they used two spots for keepers?
Defence - two full backs one cb?
Midfield - we know how much he likes midfielders.
Attack - being able to rotate both wingers and the striker would be great for us.

No team uses 2 keepers on the bench, Watford only needed the numbers as they had 6 defenders out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.