Kelechi Iheanacho - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO whether he stays or leaves will depend on if Sanchez (or another forward) joins. If we keep what we have, then he definetly will have chances to play as let's face it, 3 strikers aren't too many for a squad playing 55 games a season. Aguero or Jesus will get injured, it's inevitable as it's sport. Suspensions may easily occur, especially now this "diving" ban has come in, knowing the higher powers....The main strikers may also need a rest from time to time. So,he could easily rack up 10-12 starts overall + multiple sub appearances. From a team point of view it's good.
However, had he to be selfish, and what I would personally do, that game time isn't great when he could have double that at a lower team.

Personally I'd love for him to stay, but it's understandable that he'll leave. However, I still believe we need a 3rd striker - Sterling upfront doesn't fill me with confidence and noltio is said to be on his way.

Kelechi Iheanacho: "I'm happy to stay at Manchester City and keep fighting to help them achieve what they want to achieve." [ESPN]

Kelechi Iheanacho: "Manchester City is a big team and we need to go far as a squad so we need everybody." [ESPN]

The kids a diamond

Fantastic attitude

He may have fantastic attitude, but he needs to leave on loan or permanently. He needs to play week in week out.

He may have fantastic attitude, but he needs to leave on loan or permanently. He needs to play week in week out.
I agree with that. A season in Holland where he can score some goals will do him a world of good. Needs to go somewhere he will actually play.

The kid needs a good loan imo. If Everton sell Lukaku then they would be a great destination for a loan - would not even charge a fee - they just pay his wages.

I was really disappointed with how the team made no effort to get him on the scoresheet v Watford.

He was pretty much flawless in everything he did when he came on & looked just as dangerous as anybody, just needed a simple pass at the end of a few moves, but the rest were just dicking about by then. The only bad thing from a great performance.

If Pep has told him he needs him, perhaps he intends to use him more next season.

I was really disappointed with how the team made no effort to get him on the scoresheet v Watford.

He was pretty much flawless in everything he did when he came on & looked just as dangerous as anybody, just needed a simple pass at the end of a few moves, but the rest were just dicking about by then. The only bad thing from a great performance.

If Pep has told him he needs him, perhaps he intends to use him more next season.

It happens all the time and drives me mad. I think it's a team culture issue that Pep's mentioned in the past. He's talked about how when we get 2- or 3- up we need to go for 4-,5-,6+ goals and not just take the foot off the gas, but as soon as he's made the second substitution we just coast to the final whistle.

I think there's a few causes, the main one being we didn't really have anyone fighting to get in the first XI coming off the bench. We didn't have Gundogan, furious to have been dropped for KDB+Silva going out there and trying to win back his place, we had...Fernando, or Zabaleta with Fernandinho moving to midfield. Usually the players who came on had nothing to play for, they knew they were leaving in June.

We essentially had no competition in the front 5 at all until Jesus came back, so any time we made subs it was a sign we were done for the day. Compare that to Spurs, where Son, Winks, Sissokho, Trippier, Davies are trying to get into the XI and believe if they do well they'll get a chance. Pochettino makes subs and it just increases the intensity.

That should be resolved in the transfer window though.

It happens all the time and drives me mad. I think it's a team culture issue that Pep's mentioned in the past. He's talked about how when we get 2- or 3- up we need to go for 4-,5-,6+ goals and not just take the foot off the gas, but as soon as he's made the second substitution we just coast to the final whistle.

I think there's a few causes, the main one being we didn't really have anyone fighting to get in the first XI coming off the bench. We didn't have Gundogan, furious to have been dropped for KDB+Silva going out there and trying to win back his place, we had...Fernando, or Zabaleta with Fernandinho moving to midfield. Usually the players who came on had nothing to play for, they knew they were leaving in June.

We essentially had no competition in the front 5 at all until Jesus came back, so any time we made subs it was a sign we were done for the day. Compare that to Spurs, where Son, Winks, Sissokho, Trippier, Davies are trying to get into the XI and believe if they do well they'll get a chance. Pochettino makes subs and it just increases the intensity.

That should be resolved in the transfer window though.

I've just replied to you in the other thread re how I think that way of thinking allows us to get more attackers & mids into the squad. More rotation with high intensity.

I agree with that. A season in Holland where he can score some goals will do him a world of good. Needs to go somewhere he will actually play.
He's way too good to play in Holland. A decent Bundesliga team or a team like Bournemouth would be better for his development I think. I do hope he stays though and Pep gives him an honest chance but I can't see it happening atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.