Pablo Zabaleta

Good to see his Twitter pic of himself is in his City kit! Wonder how long it'll take before that changes?

I'll give him his two years to finish playing before he is back working with the club. Here's hoping his wife is OK with that?!
Much as I'd "luv it" (with thanks to KK) if he came back to his spiritual home in some sort of coaching capacity, he may well want to move back to his real home, to Argentina. Or maybe to Spain (his wife is Spanish, isn't she?).

Much as I'd "luv it" (with thanks to KK) if he came back to his spiritual home in some sort of coaching capacity, he may well want to move back to his real home, to Argentina. Or maybe to Spain (his wife is Spanish, isn't she?).
Sadly, I fear you may be right.

Hopefully, distance will make the heart grow fonder, but then there is she who must be obeyed...and quite possibly a desire to raise his children in his own culture.

Whatever he chooses, I hope he has a long and pleasant retirement that includes at least an occasional visit.

The guy is a class act. You can see in the video when meeting the fans that he really does appreciate them.
Thank you Pablo.

That mini-zaba tribute has done me in..

Definitely not me. Shame someone came up and poked me in both eyes whilst I was watching it though. Easy for that stuff to feel contrived but that was beautiful. Zaba is one of the the true City players of my era as a supporter. Embodies everything I wanted to see in a City player growing up, and was a key member of still in my eyes the peak 2 seasons of watching City. Just love him to bits. I hope he can return here after his playing days are over and be involved in taking this club even further forward.

Definitely not me. Shame someone came up and poked me in both eyes whilst I was watching it though. Easy for that stuff to feel contrived but that was beautiful. Zaba is one of the the true City players of my era as a supporter. Embodies everything I wanted to see in a City player growing up, and was a key member of still in my eyes the peak 2 seasons of watching City. Just love him to bits. I hope he can return here after his playing days are over and be involved in taking this club even further forward.
The video had me in floods..... What a man. Blue through and through.

Watching that video of him meeting the fans brought home to me what a unique person and player Zaba is. It's very apt that he was one of the last signings before the takeover as his special appeal to me personally was that he managed to embody, like no other player, what was great about both the "old City" pre-takeover and "new" City. He's old City because he played with so much passion that we consider him one of our own and he's "new" City because he also had the world-class quality to go with it. There will never be another like him.

Watching that video of him meeting the fans brought home to me what a unique person and player Zaba is. It's very apt that he was one of the last signings before the takeover as his special appeal to me personally was that he managed to embody, like no other player, what was great about both the "old City" pre-takeover and "new" City. He's old City because he played with so much passion that we consider him one of our own and he's "new" City because he also had the world-class quality to go with it. There will never be another like him.
Well said

Sadly, I fear you may be right.

Hopefully, distance will make the heart grow fonder, but then there is she who must be obeyed...and quite possibly a desire to raise his children in his own culture.

Whatever he chooses, I hope he has a long and pleasant retirement that includes at least an occasional visit.
Don't underestimate what a powerful city Manchester is going to become in the next decade. To be a part of that has to be tempting.

Well said, mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.