Spurs 2016/17

even there own boss Mauricio Pochettino says it how it is
Mauricio Pochettino: Tottenham will not compete with richer clubs over huge wages

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39956996

spurs will sell sell sell before they gamble on a player and with 6 other big clubs who will spurs will always come up short

Spurs haven't come close to competing financially with the other top six clubs for the past eight years. Yet they've still remained in the mix, finishing above all of them at least once and above some of them several times. As a matter of interest, why do you expect that suddenly to change?

And I see no evidence that Spurs will, as you put it, "sell, sell, sell".

Cant be doing with that "Your fackin' shit" chant at every game because you've had a really good season and handed out a few dickings - save it for your self entitled Woolwich neighbours otherwise you just sound like a right bunch of twats.

Spurs haven't come close to competing financially with the other top six clubs for the past eight years. Yet they've still remained in the mix, finishing above all of them at least once and above some of them several times. As a matter of interest, why do you expect that suddenly to change?

And I see no evidence that Spurs will, as you put it, "sell, sell, sell".

There will come a point when the likes of Kane start demanding 200k a week, Alli 100k a week, Alderweireld 100k a week etc etc...

If they are competing at the highest level why should they earn less than some of their on par if not inferior colleagues at other clubs?

Cant be doing with that "Your fackin' shit" chant at every game because you've had a really good season and handed out a few dickings - save it for your self entitled Woolwich neighbours otherwise you just sound like a right bunch of twats.

Agreed.

There will come a point when the likes of Kane start demanding 200k a week, Alli 100k a week, Alderweireld 100k a week etc etc...

If they are competing at the highest level why should they earn less than some of their on par if not inferior colleagues at other clubs?

I'm under no illusions that none of the players will have their heads turned by clubs that can afford higher wages. That said, they have nearly all signed improved long term contracts within the last 6-8 months so Spurs have a measure of control for the time being. Another thing to bear in mind is that, more than most clubs, Spurs' player contracts are weighted towards performance bonuses - so perhaps not as low as often quoted (seems madness, doesn't it, to describe £100K per week as low!).

All of which said, I think there are a few players - Kane and Lloris to name but two - for whom there are other considerations that count for more than their earnings. Kane genuinely is a lifelong Spurs fan, from a Spurs supporting family (despite that picture taken when he briefly played for Arsenal's U9's!). So long as he is earning a good amount (and he certainly is), I suspect that he would only leave Spurs if he felt that the club was no longer competitive on the pitch and had no realistic prospect of winning trophies.

In Alli and Alderweirelds cases, its already happened.

Have to say that I completely agree with you. It first turned up last season when we were (iirc) 4-0 up against West Ham. As they see any game against us as a cup final it was amusing at the time to laugh at them. Sadly it has crept in more and more and is frankly embarrassing.

It would be bad enough if we only did it when we are handing out a dicking but it's appeared when we have only been a goal up and, shamefully, in a cup match against lower division opponents.

I suspect it is a bunch of schooligans starting it and far too large a section of the fans join in. I cringe every time. We may have had a couple of successful seasons (for us) but that doesn't mean we don't have dickish fans, in fact it seems to mean they are more likely to appear :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.