Aleksandar Kolarov - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep rates his left foot/passing ability highly. He also thinks Kolarov can be used in games against teams who have slow striker, like West Brom
If Kolarov is playing LB, the main threat to his lack of pace will be wingers and flying full back. I'll never forget Fat Sam and Pulis saying how they deliberately targeted Zabs and Kolarov for this very same reason. Clichy's pace has slowed from his heyday, but even now he's twice as fast as Kolarov.

Pep said in an interview that we needed pace and energy from our full backs to get up and down the pitch. This being the case, I don't understand why Kolarov hasn't been touted as one to be leaving....

If Kolarov is playing LB, the main threat to his lack of pace will be wingers and flying full back. I'll never forget Fat Sam and Pulis saying how they deliberately targeted Zabs and Kolarov for this very same reason. Clichy's pace has slowed from his heyday, but even now he's twice as fast as Kolarov.

Pep said in an interview that we needed pace and energy from our full backs to get up and down the pitch. This being the case, I don't understand why Kolarov hasn't been touted as one to be leaving....
I think his performances at CB, ability from set pieces and his passing from deep has impressed Pep enough to let him see out his contract.

We have enough of a logistical nightmare moving the obvious excess on this summer... Aleks has been solid at CB and therefore probably isn't a priority departure and may be seen by Pep as a useful squad player

We need more than just pace and energy, when Clichy gets up the other end of the pitch he's utterly clueless, and his pace getting back isn't much use if he can't cut out crosses.

I think his performances at CB, ability from set pieces and his passing from deep has impressed Pep enough to let him see out his contract.

We need more than just pace and energy, when Clichy gets up the other end of the pitch he's utterly clueless, and his pace getting back isn't much use if he can't cut out crosses.
If this was the case, why have most of our managers preferred Clichy?

Also, when Kompany was fit, we rarely saw Kolarov, do you think he would have got the same amount of game time had Kompany been fit throughout the campaign?

If this was the case, why have most of our managers preferred Clichy?

Also, when Kompany was fit, we rarely saw Kolarov, do you think he would have got the same amount of game time had Kompany been fit throughout the campaign?

Is that true or just an impression?

Clichy played 192 games whilst with us and Kolarov 206 over the same period. Those figures are from Wikipedia, granted, and it could be that certain managers preferred one over the other, but I think Clichy only played more games than Kolarov in two of his six seasons.

Is that true or just an impression?

Clichy played 192 games whilst with us and Kolarov 206 over the same period. Those figures are from Wikipedia, granted, and it could be that certain managers preferred one over the other, but I think Clichy only played more games than Kolarov in two of his six seasons.
I've not checked the numbers so I suppose its perceived to a degree, but when I thought about Clichy & Kolarov under Mancini, Pellegrini & Pep (at LB) I recall seeing Clichy more often than Kolarov.

Kolarov was touted for the chop when Manuel first arrived, but he survived & was given an extended contract & from memory he seemed to fade from the picture to such a degree that he was again touted for the chop when Pep arrived. He's slipped the noose more times than the Mexican in The Good, The Bad & The Ugly..

The+good+the+bad+and+the+ugly_eli_wallach.jpg

Do you feel we should have players in the squad as cover over ones who provide competition for places?
If pep keeps him then he must be happy with him and think he will provide competition,he changes the team most times and both will play their part

Look aleks had a good season covering 2 positions,pep likes that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.