Aleksandar Kolarov - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was the case, why have most of our managers preferred Clichy?

Also, when Kompany was fit, we rarely saw Kolarov, do you think he would have got the same amount of game time had Kompany been fit throughout the campaign?
Premier League only, since Clichy arrived at the start of the 11/12 season :

Clichy 138 apps, 2 goals, 10 assists
Kolarov 141 apps, 11 goals, 20 assists

So neither has been "preferred" to any extent, it's probably fair to say that if the manager wanted a defensive LB he chose Clichy, though his defending has deteriorated in the last couple of years but if the manager wanted an attacking threat he chose Kolarov, nobody could surely argue against Kolarov being the better attacker.

If Kompany was fit? Of course we wouldn't have seen as much of Kolarov at CB but he did a solid job in a position he hadn't played before, why are so many ready to get on his case all the time?

Premier League only, since Clichy arrived at the start of the 11/12 season :

Clichy 138 apps, 2 goals, 10 assists
Kolarov 141 apps, 11 goals, 20 assists

So neither has been "preferred" to any extent, it's probably fair to say that if the manager wanted a defensive LB he chose Clichy, though his defending has deteriorated in the last couple of years but if the manager wanted an attacking threat he chose Kolarov, nobody could surely argue against Kolarov being the better attacker.

If Kompany was fit? Of course we wouldn't have seen as much of Kolarov at CB but he did a solid job in a position he hadn't played before, why are so many ready to get on his case all the time?
But defenders are brought to defend primarily. What are the goals conceded when both played? Also I'm not getting on his case as I don't personally know him, it's just an opinion on a football forum with no harm or malice intended..

But defenders are brought to defend primarily. What are the goals conceded when both played? Also I'm not getting on his case as I don't personally know him, it's just an opinion on a football forum with no harm or malice intended..
For the last six or seven years, our full backs have been generally encouraged to get forward and support the attack, especially at home - so their attacking abilities are definitely relevant.

Goals conceded - Kolarov 112, Clichy 126 - again only including PL games from 11/12 onwards when both players were at the club.

For the last six or seven years, our full backs have been generally encouraged to get forward and support the attack, especially at home - so their attacking abilities are definitely relevant.

Goals conceded - Kolarov 112, Clichy 126 - again only including PL games from 11/12 onwards when both players were at the club.
Are those matches full or including substitute appearances?

You've probably answered your own question, Pep rates Kolarov at CB, but not at LB, I thought he looked far better there too, with Vinny back he was on the bench.
I thought he was OK, but there was always the threat of him being caught out with a lightening attack because of his lack of pace which happened a few times...

IMO having pace is essential in a system like ours which is what Pep highlighted in a frustrated post-match interview he gave this season. Some players can make up for the lack of pace with their speed of thought, would you say Kolarov falls into that category?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.