Nolito - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nolito: "Until December I was playing and happy. In the last 4 months, I've basically not played. I don't know why, you'd have to ask Pep."

As has been mentioned before, it could be his attitude - he comes across as very laid back (stereotypical south Spaniard) both in training and interviews. Maybe he was not willing to adjust his ways to what Pep wanted.

As has been mentioned before, it could be his attitude - he comes across as very laid back (stereotypical south Spaniard) both in training and interviews. Maybe he was not willing to adjust his ways to what Pep wanted.

He always struck me as rather temperamental on the field. To be fair, I think Sane exceeded most blues' expectations during his first year with the club. Thus, it was difficult for Nolito to ever reclaim his place.

+1
In one of the games prior to his red card, Nolito got away with an unspotted head-to-head shove.

Probably Pep didn't trust him after his red.
This seems to be the consensus but Fernandinho's discipline was arguably worse and he kept getting starts all season. I think the reason goes deeper.

Even with Sané, Nolito still could've played far more than he did in the second half of the season.
That's true. But my point was that Nolito was dispensable because of Sane, not so much for Dinho (especially with Gundogan's injury).

Don't think Nolito is quite good enough for a big club. He can be a good player but in a not quite big club.

Nolito on life in Manchester: "My daughter's face has changed colour. It looks like she's been living in a cave."

Nolito: "I was in Seville by chance, we went to buy clothes for my wife. Went for coffee and happened to meet Sevilla's sporting director."

Nolito: "I'm not angry with Guardiola and he is not angry with me. It has not worked out and that's it."

Nolito: "I have a contract and City are in charge, but I would like to leave." [El Transistor]

He was welcomed,as any new signing is with open arms,albeit a bit of a surprise,with his age,but never fit in really,as said an ok player but not good enough for us I'm afraid,I won't be arsed to see the back of him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.