General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its clear that Corbyn and Farron have never negotiated a thing in their life. To achiev positive outcomes in a negotiation the worst thing you can do is give away any or all of your negotiation cards.

Analogies tend to work best. Lets just say that you are looking to leave your current job, have found a new one that you really like the look of, gone through the interview process and reached the point where you are clearly the preferred candidate for the role.

Naturally, the objective for the new job is to secure yourself the best package possible - salary, benefits, pension etc before you actually sign the contract.

When the new employer asks you if you would take the job if offered, what are you looking for salary wise, and are there any other businesses in the mix.

Would you answer....

A) Yes I would take the job as long as the salary is £20k and no there are no other alternatives - you're the only potential new employer

On this basis, what do you think your offer would be ?

Or would you say, Yes really interested in the job, like what I've heard, the salary needs to be better than what I'm on and I am talking to a couple of other businesses but your my preferred choice if this package stacks up ie you're prepared to walk away?

What would the offer be given that response ?

Farron is saying he would take what is negotiated back to the British people to vote on. What this clown is saying to the EU is Give us a sh*t offer, one that the UK people wont accept and guess what, we get the outcome the EU want - The UK staying in the EU.

Under Corbyn we have given away our negotiating position from the off and the EU royally shaft us to get it as we have NO ALTERNATIVE.

It is so naive it is untrue, and a clear demonstration that Corbyn and Farron are not fit for office and would sell this country down the river.

It's less like negotiating a new position and more like negotiating a severance agreement in my opinion. Add to the mix that you owe your boss money and, just to further complicate matters, you're starting your own company and would really like to deal with him and his customers yourself in the future. Whoever conducts the negotiations on our behalf has to realise that there's two sides involved and, if we're to move forward relatively harmoniously, then both sides need to feel they've got something out of it. Lots of people just seem to think it's an opportunity to get one over Johnny Foreigner when there's still so many positives in us having a good relationship with the EU.

Its clear that Corbyn and Farron have never negotiated a thing in their life. To achiev positive outcomes in a negotiation the worst thing you can do is give away any or all of your negotiation cards.

Analogies tend to work best. Lets just say that you are looking to leave your current job, have found a new one that you really like the look of, gone through the interview process and reached the point where you are clearly the preferred candidate for the role.

Naturally, the objective for the new job is to secure yourself the best package possible - salary, benefits, pension etc before you actually sign the contract.

When the new employer asks you if you would take the job if offered, what are you looking for salary wise, and are there any other businesses in the mix.

Would you answer....

A) Yes I would take the job as long as the salary is £20k and no there are no other alternatives - you're the only potential new employer

On this basis, what do you think your offer would be ?

Or would you say, Yes really interested in the job, like what I've heard, the salary needs to be better than what I'm on and I am talking to a couple of other businesses but your my preferred choice if this package stacks up ie you're prepared to walk away?

What would the offer be given that response ?

Farron is saying he would take what is negotiated back to the British people to vote on. What this clown is saying to the EU is Give us a sh*t offer, one that the UK people wont accept and guess what, we get the outcome the EU want - The UK staying in the EU.

Under Corbyn we have given away our negotiating position from the off and the EU royally shaft us to get it as we have NO ALTERNATIVE.

It is so naive it is untrue, and a clear demonstration that Corbyn and Farron are not fit for office and would sell this country down the river.

You're missing the crucial fact that we're not really in a negotiation.

The Country has voted to leave.

Cards are on the table, we're all in.

EU knows this and so rightly can sit with their feet on the table and reject everything. We need to persuade them to allow us to leave in a manner which suits them. We can't waltz in and make huge demands. It's not going to happen. May is convincing people that her position will get the best deal for Britain. But what people are forgetting is positive relationships can sometimes get a better deal.

If someone tries to shaft you then you might think, well fuck you pal, you're paying full price/getting fuck all. Someone that sits down with a mentality to work out a deal that suits both parties may get much further. We need to retain a relationship with the EU. We're not leaving the wife and saying, I'm taking all my cash see you later PS I still get to see the kids when and where I want. The wife holds all the cards.

She says, you can leave but I'll tell you how...and when...and how much it will cost you. As a country we don't have a fall back position at the moment of staying in the EU if there is no deal or any substance on the table.

Brexit is either a) going to take a fucking age to ever happen or b) never happen at all.

This is a good debate to be had on the A50 thread.

I would suggest that the bottom line though - is that whilst there is so much in common in our concerns, that in the main, the difference is simply that you remain fully committed to a 'Remain viewpoint' and are not yet in a place where you have accepted that 'Leaving' is what the UK is going to do and therefore discussing how best to manage that in the coming months.
You've got me wrong. Like you I'm a fellow Brexiteer. I accept that there may be a cost but, in my opinion, that's a price we'll have to pay for escaping the increasingly inevitable centralisation of key EU functions.

It's less like negotiating a new position and more like negotiating a severance agreement in my opinion. Add to the mix that you owe your boss money and, just to further complicate matters, you're starting your own company and would really like to deal with him and his customers yourself in the future. Whoever conducts the negotiations on our behalf has to realise that there's two sides involved and, if we're to move forward relatively harmoniously, then both sides need to feel they've got something out of it. Lots of people just seem to think it's an opportunity to get one over Johnny Foreigner when there's still so many positives in us having a good relationship with the EU.

Exactly this. 100%.

This isn't a poker game, it's two economies working together to ensure they both come out of this mutually beneficially.

The UK population is economically illiterate. I was until 5 years or so back when I asked @SWP's back and some others to start me off on a reading list. Even now I've only graduated from illiterate to uneducated.

Do you know why we give out foreign aid? It's because we want poor countries to become rich liberal democracies. To do tgis they need infrastructure, citizens who can go to schools rather than starve and many other things of this nature

We don't fund them to be kind. We fund them because once they get their shit together, we now have another customer for our goods and services and more resources keeping the price of goods down. We give them money to make ourselves rich.

The idea that the EU want the UK to fail here and we need some tough, strict negotiator to make sure they don't put one over on us is literal bollocks. The EU want us to stay rich so we will buy their goods and services. The Brexit negotiation will be handled by patient diplomats - neither May nor Corbyn will be anywhere near it

That's not true in society in general. Look at social media, protests, audiences in TV debates etc.
Exactly. I don't know what ric's Facebook is like but I've not had one person tell me to vote Tory on my wall.

I must have had 20+ tell me to vote labour as their status or profile picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.