Nicolas Otamendi - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree Easy,he's a fucking shithouse

The last match as well. I believe it was in November but I'm not sure, I know Jesus was already signed but didn't join yet, Otamendi was really laying into him, I remember thinking what is wrong this man, acting like that to someone who will be his new team mate shortly, Fernandinho immediately got involved that time and had a few words with him, might of gave him a push too.

Then to do it all again in a Friendly after actually being team mates for a few months, its clear that he has something against Jesus, you don't go hard at team mate like, anyone that has played before knows this, ok once or twice going in unintentionally and catching him but what Otamendi was doing is unacceptable IMO.

Never liked Otamendi, always felt he should be sold this summer.

Just for fun I counter his highlights video posted a while back with these two.

I almost burst a blood vessel watching him in that game. The quality of opposition was obviously very good but he was just atrocious. Falcao destroying Stones for that goal got all the attention but Nico was an absolute travesty. There's another bit in the second half where he fails to deal with a simple long ball and I just hope there weren't any kids sat behind me.

To be fair, he really stepped it up in the games following that.

I almost burst a blood vessel watching him in that game. The quality of opposition was obviously very good but he was just atrocious. Falcao destroying Stones for that goal got all the attention but Nico was an absolute travesty. There's another bit in the second half where he fails to deal with a simple long ball and I just hope there weren't any kids sat behind me.

To be fair, he really stepped it up in the games following that.

Exactly, that performance was one of the worst I have seen in a while from a CB, I remember telling myself at one point, please, please, please Pep take Otamendi off before they score another..

He has had some great performances, no doubt about it, but way too inconsistent for me, was also horrible vs Chelsea at home, almost cost us the game vs Arsenal away with a complete howler, we were very lucky not to concede, vs rags at home, rashford destroyed him a few times, creating the few opportunities they had in the game, on another day rashford puts his team mate in and he has a great chance at goal in the video above.

We would be wise to sell while he still has value.

Exactly, that performance was one of the worst I have seen in a while from a CB, I remember telling myself at one point, please, please, please Pep take Otamendi off before they score another..

He has had some great performances, no doubt about it, but way too inconsistent for me, was also horrible vs Chelsea at home, almost cost us the game vs Arsenal away with a complete howler, we were very lucky not to concede, vs rags at home, rashford destroyed him a few times, creating the few opportunities they had in the game, on another day rashford puts his team mate in and he has a great chance at goal in the video above.

We would be wise to sell while he still has value.
Agree completely.

What a fucking knob for causing that injury. Regardless of whether it was an accident or not, the game was a friendly and the act committed on a teammate.

Just beggars belief

Well if getting a new cb wasn't a priority it certainly should be now. Get this guy sold and put the money towards a defender who doesn't need baby sitting by kompany to be able to perform consistently and preferably one who doesn't think it's ok to keep assaulting young City team mates. Just get rid, nowhere near good enough to bother with this hassle imo.

I bet if I looked through your posts that your not an Otamendi fan, well get over it now and stop making something out of nothing. Jesus got stretchered off like he had just been shot in the chest. If there isn't a fractured cheekbone or ruptured eye socket or some injury on that kind of level then what he did was a disgrace last night, lying around feigning injury and leaving one of his club teammates to be on the end of a social media bashing by his so called own fans. And before you say it, no I don't have a grudge against Jesus in fact I adore the kid and think he will become a City legend in the years to come but he needs to cut the acting out.

Do you actually realise what 'hitting' someone actually involves? If you think he 'hit' Jesus last night then I dispare.

If he glanced down and stared at the exact point of contact he ended up making then he has hit him... he didn't though did he, he never took his eyes off the ball therefor it was an accident.

We will see anyway won't we when the extent of this brutal attack is revealed. I'm guessing not a single mark on his face.

You've read the whole situation fantastically, from start to finish. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.