Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell talk about over reaction- under no pressure he pumped a hopeful long ball into the box where the keeper and 3 defenders ball watched as Kane got on the end of it. What do you want an OBE ,freedom of Glasgow.
No pressure? Your team losing 2-1 away at your closest rivals deep into injury time is the epitome of being under pressure. Had he sent over a crap ball that was cleared I'm pretty sure pundits would be quicker to criticise than they were to compliment the inch perfect ball he delivered.
You have an unhealthy dislike of the lad.

Bloody hell talk about over reaction- under no pressure he pumped a hopeful long ball into the box where the keeper and 3 defenders ball watched as Kane got on the end of it. What do you want an OBE ,freedom of Glasgow.

Bloody hell talk about overreacting to a perceived overreaction.

Hopeful long ball.

Haha, you just have to laugh sometimes at the depths people will sink to in order to deny Sterling of any credit.

Hopeful long ball.

Haha, you just have to laugh sometimes at the depths people will sink to in order to deny Sterling of any credit.

It's fucking hilarious. So many posters have painted themselves into a corner slagging Sterling off relentlessly that whenever he does something good they feel they have no other choice but to try and belittle it.

It's fucking hilarious. So many posters have painted themselves into a corner slagging Sterling off relentlessly that whenever he does something good they feel they have no other choice but to try and belittle it.

Indeed, that user is one of the most conspicuous Sterling bashers on here, incapable of saying a good word about the kid and frequently just inventing reasons to post abuse about him.

He nailed his colours to the mast last season saying he was the worst purchase we'd ever made and that Pep would look to move him on ASAP last summer.

I wonder how he reconciles that with Pep's subsequent use of him in nearly 50 games, and Sterling being one of the most used players in the squad.

So he rescues a point with that assist and also set up Defoe in the last WC qualifier...

Southagates a yes man thick fcucker Rashford a decent player but not on the wing play him central or not at all! Typical fcuking England managers love shoehorning in flavour of the month they are sheep.

So he rescues a point with that assist and also set up Defoe in the last WC qualifier...

Not worth getting worked up about anymore, it has been exactly the same story for a couple of years now. Think just before the Euros last summer, Raheem had assisted most of the goals England scored in the run up to the tournament. The general consensus though constantly was that he wasn't contributing enough to warrant a place. If you ignore literally anything good that a player does then of course they are going to seem inadequate. I haven't looked at any of the reaction to the game on Saturday because it just annoys me too much to bother but even when Raheem was supposedly shit and supposedly deserving of an absolute battering from all angles, he always put a shift in and helped his full back. rashford did precisely nothing on Saturday, going forward or tracking back and just left Kyle Walker exposed throughout his time on the pitch. I don't think I have ever seen Raheem play that badly in an England shirt. I am guessing rashford didn't get absolutely hammered?

I’m not a fan of Sterling. I certainly don’t think he meant the outcome of that ball but it was a great knock in. I think what impressed me more was the fact he attempted it. One of my issues with him was how he takes the easy cut back option and play a 5 yard pass. Whilst it might be seen as an easy way out to just hit it in the area he would of got a lot more shit if it fell to nobody than if he played an easy pass for someone else to do it. Either way great assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.