Nicolas Otamendi - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've read the whole situation fantastically, from start to finish. :-)

You actually think Otamendi is such a complete waste of space that he can't connect with a face with one arm whilst holding it with his left hand unless he's looking at it ?

And we want this kind of spatial awareness at the centre of our defence ?

You actually think Otamendi is such a complete waste of space that he can't connect with a face with one arm whilst holding it with his left hand unless he's looking at it ?

And we want this kind of spatial awareness at the centre of our defence ?
I was being sarcastic. I just thought it was funny quite how wrong he got every point that he made.

I was being sarcastic. I just thought it was funny quite how wrong he got every point that he made.

Imo this incident highlights the point I've made numerous times about the complete unsuitablity of video technology in football.

If a percentage of City fans can look at a blatant bit of gbh like that & make excuses for it, then fans of other clubs can be equally blind on behalf of their players.

By sheer percentages, there will be more rag/scouse etc sympathisers adjudicating video evidence than City people, so if it comes in, we are going to get shit on.

Have the media made anything of this incident? Have they pointed fingers accusingly at Otamendi? or is it just some of us doing that?

I only ask because it seems like the type of thing they'd sensationalise to the nth degree if they believed there was a chance that it was anything more than an accident.

Imo this incident highlights the point I've made numerous times about the complete unsuitablity of video technology in football.

If a percentage of City fans can look at a blatant bit of gbh like that & make excuses for it, then fans of other clubs can be equally blind on behalf of their players.

By sheer percentages, there will be more rag/scouse etc sympathisers adjudicating video evidence than City people, so if it comes in, we are going to get shit on.
It's a shame isn't it. Video evidence should be an absolute no brainer where you'd still not get 100% of decisions correct but it would be so much better than relying on a ref with one look at full speed that everyone would be happy. But I worry about it too tbh. Watching Howard Webb on BT reviewing incidents made me think that there's every chance some teams will still get a higher percentage of things go their way and that there would be a good chance we'd still be getting stitched up left, right and centre. It would just be even more frustrating and essentially you'd even have your right to moan at the decision taken away because united fans etc would just insist that video tech was infallible - which it fucking well would be from their point of view, with every bad decisions reversed and all the "strokes of luck" they get not being looked at. What did you make of the penalty decision by video tech in that u20 semi?

It's a shame isn't it. Video evidence should be an absolute no brainer where you'd still not get 100% of decisions correct but it would be so much better than relying on a ref with one look at full speed that everyone would be happy. But I worry about it too tbh. Watching Howard Webb on BT reviewing incidents made me think that there's every chance some teams will still get a higher percentage of things go their way and that there would be a good chance we'd still be getting stitched up left, right and centre. It would just be even more frustrating and essentially you'd even have your right to moan at the decision taken away because united fans etc would just insist that video tech was infallible - which it fucking well would be from their point of view, with every bad decisions reversed and all the "strokes of luck" they get not being looked at. What did you make of the penalty decision by video tech in that u20 semi?

I thought that if it was applied to our games last season, we would have had 50 pens, & I'm not exaggerating. Also Scotland would have had one v England (Walker).

I've maintained since we played West Ham at home in September '15 he's not good enough, and nothing has changed my mind since.

Has anyone noticed that he's not back in training yet? Can't seem to spot him in any of the training videos..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.