Sturgeon wants another referendum

Yeah, it'll employ more people than the BBC. Wonder if he's gonna create a Scottish Broadcasting system that will piss up the wall all the money that his Scottish National Bank would make?

Corbyn is just a classic act that really had its time in the 60s and 70s - I think the tv programme was called The Comedians. Wasn't Our Bernard one of the mainstays.

More Benny from crossroads, that one with Brian Potter in.

May cannot stop it, it's a manifesto pledge and voted for. You can all say it won't happen until you are blue in the face.

It will happen to coincide with the death flap of Brexit.

@Magicpole - What is the word on the street now that the SNP have been returned with more seats than the rest of the parties added together??

Are you still bullish that a 2nd referendum is definitely going to happen?

I am with some SG people on Thursday so I will get their view

BTW - I am not blue in the face yet.

Last edited:
What about a referendum on English independence? I could happily live out my remaining seasons traipsing down to The Etihad knowing that a glass of Scottish whisky, Welsh seaweed bread or Norn Iron pot towels don't await my return. And let's face it, you Scots - get independence and Tunnocks chocolate tea cakes are coming south! They'll be manufactured in Warburton's factories! Mind, don't they have a factory in Wales?

@Magicpole - What is the word on the street now that the SNP have been returned with more seats than the rest of the parties added together??

Are you still bullish that a 2nd referendum is definitely going to happen?

I am with some SG people on Thursday so I will get their view

BTW - I am not blue in the face yet.

May didn't stop it, it is clear that it wouldn't succeed. My point was always if the vote is there then she couldn't stop it. Pro Union parties secured 62% of the vote, so, as of now it's delayed. They will retain the mandate of the Scottish Parliament to hold one. It's now about timing and political pragmatism.

May didn't stop it, it is clear that it wouldn't succeed. My point was always if the vote is there then she couldn't stop it. Pro Union parties secured 62% of the vote, so, as of now it's delayed. They will retain the mandate of the Scottish Parliament to hold one. It's now about timing and political pragmatism.

More reverse gears than an Italian battle tank ;-)

Let them have independence I say . Think of the money we would save.
They would be crawling back , cap in hand,after a week.
I would happily tell them to sling their hook.
How would you vote in a referendum if the question was . . . .
Should we give Scotland independence ?
YES . . let them starve.
NO . . we really need their welfare bill on our books.
This is as bad as Indy attitudes to begin with. Scotland is part of our country, it isn't a case of "they."

People are so quick to fuck off their integrity for a little wealth boost you wouldn't even see. Fucking shameful.

I would imagine that the word 'generational' may prove apposite. The referendum of 1979, the devolved parliament in 1999, and the referendum in 2014 suggest that the return to independence is gradual. It could be that there is another halfway house (federalism?) to be visited yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.