Lee 'Bad buy' Bradbury

This was one of the most depressing transfers I've ever encountered, along with Alan Kernaghan.

There have been plenty of transfers I've not wanted & we're still making them today on occasion, but usually it's 'ah well, he'll probably be better than I expect' .

In his case (& Kernaghan's) it was just fucking obvious there is not a cat in hell's chance of success & not only that, there were journeyman players available all over the shop who would have walked into our team & been obviously better.

I think the club was had over by agents in both cases. I just wonder if it was the same agents who had us over years later when Keegan etc were around.

Laurie Cunningham?
Wasn't he one of the West Brom legends from the late 70s who ended up at Real Madrid before tragically dying in a car crash?

If you mean the dopey Tony Cunningham, then I'm with you all the way. However, I do remember him scoring at Ninian Park, and celebrating as though he'd just scored a Wembley winner.
Not only that but it was a fucking tap in not a 30 yard screamer!

This was one of the most depressing transfers I've ever encountered, along with Alan Kernaghan.

There have been plenty of transfers I've not wanted & we're still making them today on occasion, but usually it's 'ah well, he'll probably be better than I expect' .

In his case (& Kernaghan's) it was just fucking obvious there is not a cat in hell's chance of success & not only that, there were journeyman players available all over the shop who would have walked into our team & been obviously better.

I think the club was had over by agents in both cases. I just wonder if it was the same agents who had us over years later when Keegan etc were around.
Rumours at the time that Swales spend a sports grant for one of the stands on Kernaghan.

Still he scored a belter against Leicester which would be on any compelation of great goals except he scored in in sky blue rather than red.

To be fair, for as bad as Bradbury was... and he was!... you could add any number of duff forwards we've had in recent years.... Creaney (came in for Walsh!!!!??), Samaras, Corradi... Bianchi, the list is probably endless..... bloody hell, I even remember Trevor soddin Christie for heavens sake and most of the keyboard warriors on here have probably never even heard of him... I had to bloody watch him!

To be fair, for as bad as Bradbury was... and he was!... you could add any number of duff forwards we've had in recent years.... Creaney (came in for Walsh!!!!??), Samaras, Corradi... Bianchi, the list is probably endless..... bloody hell, I even remember Trevor soddin Christie for heavens sake and most of the keyboard warriors on here have probably never even heard of him... I had to bloody watch him!

An extremely past it and uninterested George Weah.

Vuoso - £4m for someone who didn't play at all.

Bony - who £ for £ must be in our worst 5 signings ever.

He signed from Rotherham
He appeared alongside Mcllroy and Lillis on the front cover of the first home programme of 85-86
He played 4 games and then...er...er,,

Well if Everton want to pay €20 for Bony he wasnt the worst in real terms.

Personally the 300k we spent on Eddie McGoldrich was not only perplexing but must go in to the record books as the only time a Man City manager made only one signing in his entire tenure, well in post war history i suspect

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.