Kippax

Macc said:
Memories ?
Telling my old fella I was goin in the platt lane and instead goin in the kippax,trying loads of different places but **** see fuck all,so used to sneak on the back of them coppers platforms at the very back,some used to fuck u off but some would let about four kids jump on and watch the game-fucking great memories,I loved just being in ther and couldn't wait for the match cause I knew I was goin in the kippax and as a nipper I couldn't get enough of it, the noise when the kippax was in full voice was something else - oh and what about them luxury piss stones at the back!!
Fucking great memories

maine+road+kippax+stand.jpg
How do. Can anyone confirm what the two main bars were called in the old Kippax Stand terrace. I think there were two, in fact it could've been three. All the bars were eventually named after players at Maine Road, and I seem to remember in the Kippax, one was called 'The Francis Lee bar', and other was called, 'The Denis Law bar'.
I've searched for images, and looked in books, but can't find frack all.

Tried to explain the match day buzz to my son, it was addictive you couldn't get enough. The atmosphere in the old days was incredible from start to finish, even the walk to the ground was brilliant, happy days and memories.

Always stood on the right side of the steps, about 20 rows down with the Gorton lot, you couldn't go out for a piss people just did it on the spot, always scared of going down in a sway, guite often you'd travel 20 or 30 yards without your feet touching the floor, we were one big family (gang).
50 years later still so many vivid memories

When about 13 we used to get to the ground early so we could get on the white wall in the middle. Great view there

In the old Kippax there were only kiosks etc outside from what I remember. Near the gorgeous outside crammed to fuck stinking overflowing bogs

I'm getting on a bit though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.