Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be a great signing especially for free, but think it could spell the end of walkers transfer. Walker is only interested in leaving spurs as he isn't interested sharing the rb spot with trippier can't imagine he would be happy to job share with alves. Same goes for Dani, he knows he is coming to the end of his career and won't be willing to spend two of his last few years as a back up to walker. Honestly hope I'm wrong but can't imagine either being happy playing every other game and I personally would rather have a clear starter in defensive positions so they and build an understanding and be better organized.

I agree if we can get him for that, they (Southampton) are quoting £70M for Van Dijk though so I doubt £21M is likely.

There are a few right backs we can go for though, left backs seem in shorter supply.

I'd like us to sign Bertrand as the HG player as Kolorov can do a job there too and get that Monaco right back.

or better yet, get the highly rated Henrichs who can genuinely learn from Alves. He was priced at less than 15 million last I checked. and better still, he can play both right and left back.

Could be a great signing especially for free, but think it could spell the end of walkers transfer. Walker is only interested in leaving spurs as he isn't interested sharing the rb spot with trippier can't imagine he would be happy to job share with alves. Same goes for Dani, he knows he is coming to the end of his career and won't be willing to spend two of his last few years as a back up to walker. Honestly hope I'm wrong but can't imagine either being happy playing every other game and I personally would rather have a clear starter in defensive positions so they and build an understanding and be better organized.
Walker wants to be based in the North apparently . I think if Alves signs it might make it more awkward convincing Walker, but might make it easier to deal with Spurs. Most people are assuming we are after 2 right backs as we let 2 go. I wonder if that's true. If we can get the Alves deal through, and knowing that Fernandinho can play there, we might want to look at another position. Perhaps depends on how deep our pockets are and how keen we are to strengthen another position. If Mbappe is available, I'd be using every penny to pursue that. I also think we need a centre back. Can we buy 2 right backs, a cback and a striker? Very exciting window. We seem to have identified all our targets, and seem able to land them. Our domestic rivals seem to be napping as well, or maybe they are waiting for us to finish spending.

Potential, right age for Pep to mould, fills home grown quota, Mourinho has done nothing but publicly slate him and I think we could get him and he's better than Bertrand if he get back to his best.

Which is highlighly unlikely, and even if he did i'm not so sure he's much better if at all. Bertarnd seems to be deemed to be shite by a few on here, think they'll be surprised.

Kolorov will cover for a year then get released.
Dear god. How have we spent so much money in the last few years and presumably going to spend upwards of 200m this summer and we are still talking about having kolarov as second choice left back? I'm going to have a fucking party next summer when he finally leaves. Mind you that is assuming some silly **** doesn't offer him a contract extension at some point this season.

Walker wants to be based in the North apparently . I think if Alves signs it might make it more awkward convincing Walker, but might make it easier to deal with Spurs. Most people are assuming we are after 2 right backs as we let 2 go. I wonder if that's true. If we can get the Alves deal through, and knowing that Fernandinho can play there, we might want to look at another position. Perhaps depends on how deep our pockets are and how keen we are to strengthen another position. If Mbappe is available, I'd be using every penny to pursue that. I also think we need a centre back. Can we buy 2 right backs, a cback and a striker? Very exciting window. We seem to have identified all our targets, and seem able to land them. Our domestic rivals seem to be napping as well, or maybe they are waiting for us to finish spending.
I was thinking this as well, seems a really strange transfer IF we are still going after Walker. Both Walker and Alves will want to play, especially the big games and based on what Alves has done for Juve this season then i would guess Walker will still get plenty of games, but may well be 2nd choice RB. Is he going to want to come to a club at 27 and be 2nd fiddle to Alves? I'd imagine it certainly puts doubts in his mond. If we do only sign Alves, does this give us 2 years breathing space to develop Maffeo further on loan for a year and have a year learning from Alves? Saves a big chunk of money not spending 45 million on Walker.

I was thinking this as well, seems a really strange transfer IF we are still going after Walker. Both Walker and Alves will want to play, especially the big games and based on what Alves has done for Juve this season then i would guess Walker will still get plenty of games, but may well be 2nd choice RB. Is he going to want to come to a club at 27 and be 2nd fiddle to Alves? I'd imagine it certainly puts doubts in his mond. If we do only sign Alves, does this give us 2 years breathing space to develop Maffeo further on loan for a year and have a year learning from Alves? Saves a big chunk of money not spending 45 million on Walker.
But we wont rely on Alves to play 60 games and we can't fit another non homegrown into the squad, I can't really think of any other right back we could sign, other than Walker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.