Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to come to City last season and team up with Pep but was talked out of it by Neymar according to some online papers this morning, get back in Pep and ask him again it's worth a try

messi would be the premier league biggest coop and the next tv money deal would be even bigger than it is now

the things with players like messi and ronaldo they sell merchandise at the club shirt sales go out of the window and everything from key rings to pants its a great market to tap into and manchester city need something like that for the overseas fan base

messi would be the premier league biggest coop and the next tv money deal would be even bigger than it is now

the things with players like messi and ronaldo they sell merchandise at the club shirt sales go out of the window and everything from key rings to pants its a great market to tap into and manchester city need something like that for the overseas fan base

bloody tell me about it!!
my son has everything messi, from a fridge magnet to a full messi kit and some dodgy aftershave thrown in at the middle. my son is 10 and he plays for 2 football teams and messi is by far the most popular name in football merchandise around, followed by neymar i would say. Its all the kids want, even the ones who support city/united/pool etc etc..
its messi this and messi that.

i agree that messi coming to the Prem would be a massive coop for the PL, i dont think you could easily put a figure on what the TV rights figure would come out at!!?? Astronomical!!!!
it doesnt look like he wants to leave barca anyhow.

If this is true and Messi was seriously tempted then Pep should be back on the phone to Messi this summer and convince him to make the move.

bloody tell me about it!!
my son has everything messi, from a fridge magnet to a full messi kit and some dodgy aftershave thrown in at the middle. my son is 10 and he plays for 2 football teams and messi is by far the most popular name in football merchandise around, followed by neymar i would say. Its all the kids want, even the ones who support city/united/pool etc etc..
its messi this and messi that.

i agree that messi coming to the Prem would be a massive coop for the PL, i dont think you could easily put a figure on what the TV rights figure would come out at!!?? Astronomical!!!!
it doesnt look like he wants to leave barca anyhow.
Your 10 year old son shaves?

If this is true and Messi was seriously tempted then Pep should be back on the phone to Messi this summer and convince him to make the move.

If he ever comes it will be when he is past his best. It will be for marketing and not footballing reasons.

He doesn't look the type to age well football wise and Barca is not pulling trees of late. Rather if he moves he will hit an abrupt patch of off form, and a series of bench warming and then obscurity. It would be a brilliant signing just because of the implosion it will cause and the marketability, but I'd rather us unearth the next balon d'or candidate. I hope Gabriel Jesus, with the players around him, has the potential to reach such heights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.