Would You Like To See The (Manchester) Bee Incorporated Into Any Future Badge Redesign?

Wasn't it on the black kit we had a few years ago? I think Hughes was the manager or early Mancini?

I don't think we need to put it on the badge or kit. If the badge was up for redesign then maybe, I think it would be looked on cynicism if we did it now

As people have pointed out, the bee is all around the City. Those who know, know. I don't think it's something that need promoting

Wasn't it on the black kit we had a few years ago? I think Hughes was the manager or early Mancini?

I don't think we need to put it on the badge or kit. If the badge was up for redesign then maybe, I think it would be looked on cynicism if we did it now

As people have pointed out, the bee is all around the City. Those who know, know. I don't think it's something that need promoting
It wasn't on it, but they used it in the marketing campaign.

I think a bee inside the numbers on the back would be decent. FA/PL would probably disallow us though

Prem teams can have the club badge or prem logo on their numbers, shirley no one would mind if we put the bee on instead
manchester-city-16-17-cup-font-3.jpg

Too late to change the badge design now .... it's mean rebranding everything all over again. But it could, as others have suggested, be incorporated into the kit somewhere ...

On a side note re the Bee, recently did the tour of the town hall with my (Blue) cousin and his missus, a Yank over for a visit. Was very interesting, and a lot was made of the bee as our symbol. And one thing that did surprise me, is that contrary to popular opinion, the three lines on the Manc coat of arm,s has nothing to do with the three rivers that flow through here. It was incorporated simply because the designer liked it, having seen it on a French family coat of arms.

No one cared a jot about the bee before the bombing .it will once again soon be forgotten

Speak for yourself, mate.

Guessing you don't live in Manchester or visit the city centre much. The bee is absolutely everywhere all over the city centre, on posts, bins, flower pots, grafitti, shop fronts like Cosy Club, Cottonopolis, A Taste of Honey, in fact the bee is so prevelant in the city centre I said to my Mrs 6 months back that it's almost becoming ubiquitous in Manchester.

I suggested the bee should be on the badge and even drew up that shite child like artwork of the badge on page one, that was 18 months ago. The bee even appeared on the badge consultation as one of the iconic symbols of Manchester to vote for to be included on the badge.

I know at least 3 people who have got Manchester bee tattoo's before the tragedy happened, I was even considering getting one myself about 6 months ago, but decided against it because I thought there was too many people getting it.

Obviously Boddingtons has used the bee for generations, I'm pretty sure Peter Saville used yellow and black as the branding for Factory and the Hacienda because it was synonymous with the Manchester bee.

My old man used to go on about the bee in the 80s saying he loved it as an iconic image of Manchester, my cousin has got cushions, posters, mugs, loads of shit with the bee on. Go to any Manchester based craft market before the tragedy and you'll see artwork, and all sorts of other shite with the bee on.

So perhaps you've not noticed the bee before, but to say "nobody cared a jot" about the bee before the tragedy and "it will soon be forgotten" is laughably out of touch with the reality of what it means to the city.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.