Girona FC (partnership)

Girona will (hopefully) have a reserve team in Segunda in 2 years, it will allow to move players between divisions to offer them better practice. It's impossible to stay in La Liga regularly playing 7 youngsters.

not at the same time, every game, no. But Dortmund and Monaco are doing fine blending a lot of youth in. Maybe Girona will rival them in a few years in buying some great young talent themselves and selling the best onto us, whilst blooding some of our own youth.

Just out of curiosity, why are there such rules of a company not being able to control 2 clubs in Europe?

Just out of curiosity, why are there such rules of a company not being able to control 2 clubs in Europe?
As I assume, there's no such rule. What's prohibited is having 2 teams in one competition (CL for example) for obvious reasons (matchfixing etc). Another problem is that a controlling entity in attempt to avoid such interference can secretly ask one of the clubs to play worse, missing European qualification.

Last edited:
No one can own majority stakes in more than one club in the same competition. Of course, there is the possibility of City and Girona meeting in European competition later down the line. I imagine City Football Group will buy a minority stake 40-ish%, with Pere Guardiola's agency, Media Base, buying up the majority sharehold.

Just heard we are resigning Caceido from Espanyol for 3m Euros and he's going straight to Girona.

Hope that is true - always liked big Phil, even if he was a bit shit. Never seemed to have control of his limbs. Particularly remember a bad miss in the Hamburg home game when we needed one goal for extra time but he wasn't the only one guilty of missing a chance that night.

I'll definitely be making a trip to see Girona at some point and may pay attention if they're on the box.

When are the fixtures out?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.