Hillsborough - CPS announce criminal charges against six people

Could somebody correct the spelling in the thread title please? It really gets on my nerves and the topic is serious so it deserves a properly spelled title

95 charges of manslaughter, this is going to be a very lengthy trial

Alternative the cover-up was clearly(from what I understand) criminal. Was the actions of the match commander a criminal offence? I.e opening the wrong gate and taking too long to act

He will, presumably claim, that there were so many factors out of his control (the pens, his own inexperience) and could have happened to anyone in his position as there was a potentially fatal incident at the same ground the year before?

I suppose this will all come out in the wash but may not be as cut and dried as people think
He didn't open the wrong gate. It was the right one to relieve the crush outside but he vacillated about giving the order to open it then lied about the fans forcing it open. He should go to jail for that alone as that should be classed as Misconduct in a Public Office. His lie then became 'the truth' and the cover-up was started to protect him & SYP.

As to factors outside his control, there was an operational plan that took into account all the issues that occurred on the day & that directly contributed to those deaths. The build up outside the ground, crowd control inside the ground, a plan for controlling the flow into the pens if the central ones were getting full, etc.

Duckenfield basically ripped up that plan and tried to wing it. He then panicked when he realised he'd been completely negligent and lied to protect himself.

He didn't open the wrong gate. It was the right one to relieve the crush outside but he vacillated about giving the order to open it then lied about the fans forcing it open. He should go to jail for that alone as that should be classed as Misconduct in a Public Office. His lie then became 'the truth' and the cover-up was started to protect him & SYP.

As to factors outside his control, there was an operational plan that took into account all the issues that occurred on the day & that directly contributed to those deaths. The build up outside the ground, crowd control inside the ground, a plan for controlling the flow into the pens if the central ones were getting full, etc.

Duckenfield basically ripped up that plan and tried to wing it. He then panicked when he realised he'd been completely negligent and lied to protect himself.
Let's hope you're on the jury, it'll all be over in an hour!

Great, thanks for that reply.

I was talking about it in the pub then other night but had clearly forgotten some details

There are others who should be in the dock but wont be. The coroner who invented a cut-off time for death of victims to be due to the event. Graham Kelly who ignored the previous problems at that end of the ground and allocated it to the L'pool fans. Kelvin Mackenzie for his blatant lies that backed the cover-up, perverting the course of justice in the process.
There will be plenty on here whose hatred of the dippers has blinded them to the sheer scale of wrong-doing that has been hidden for nearly 30 years. Ffs.

This may seem odd......but I also really feel for the jury....those poor people are going to hear some horrific detail

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.