Sky Sports Relaunch- New and Exclusive Channels for Football

I pay £55 a month for the full package, multiroom, the 2TB UHD box (with UHD channels) and I love it. The picture quality is also miles better than anything streamed, even if both claim to be 1080p or 2160p for 4K. I think £55 for all that is worth it and just treat it as a household bill like Energy, Council Tax etc.

It's always worth waiting for Sky to throw out their 50% off deals, as for me it makes it worth it. My package would be £110 without the offer and for me that crosses the line.

Mate of mine cancelled his the other week and got a 75% off code through the post for the full package.
If your happy with your weapon of choice mate fair enough, I used to get the sky deals all the time then I found iptv and after trying it for a couple of weeks cancelled sky and bt and it's the best thing I've ever done. One service I use is £5 cheaper for the year than what you pay per month with FHD and 720 strms to boot and Im never found wanting for any game including ppv events. Also enabling us to take two foreign hols per year with the savings from being fleeced by sky/bt.

If your happy with your weapon of choice mate fair enough, I used to get the sky deals all the time then I found iptv and after trying it for a couple of weeks cancelled sky and bt and it's the best thing I've ever done. One service I use is £5 cheaper for the year than what you pay per month with FHD and 720 strms to boot and Im never found wanting for any game including ppv events. Also enabling us to take two foreign hols per year with the savings from being fleeced by sky/bt.

I've used IPTV, both paid and free, and never found the quality and reliability to be as good as Sky. Including the 'FHD' channels.

That said, i'm incredibly anal when it comes to picture quality and the slightest degradation winds me up. I certainly don't think 'my way' is the right way, it's just what works for me. If Sky don't allow me to keep my current sub price, i'll be going back to IPTV too. I still use it for the 3pm games anyway.

ive just re-joined sky after 2 years of having a zgemma box. when it all started to go pear shaped I couldn't be arsed messing around getting the iptv sorted. called sky and got the full package (movies, sports etc) with sky Q for 40 quid a month. it keeps the kids and mrs happy. (I was paying 90 odd quid a month for the same package 2 years ago with sky)

ive just re-joined sky after 2 years of having a zgemma box. when it all started to go pear shaped I couldn't be arsed messing around getting the iptv sorted. called sky and got the full package (movies, sports etc) with sky Q for 40 quid a month. it keeps the kids and mrs happy. (I was paying 90 odd quid a month for the same package 2 years ago with sky)
That's not bad at all. We have just come to the end of a 12 month period, find it very hit and miss when we call them every 12 months and try the old "we are leaving if you don't give us a good deal". Seems to depend entirely on who you get on the line and whether they are a mean spirited **** or not. 2 years ago we got a great deal, last year they did fuck all for us and we had to drop a load of packages to keep it remotely affordable.

That's not bad at all. We have just come to the end of a 12 month period, find it very hit and miss when we call them every 12 months and try the old "we are leaving if you don't give us a good deal". Seems to depend entirely on who you get on the line and whether they are a mean spirited **** or not. 2 years ago we got a great deal, last year they did fuck all for us and we had to drop a load of packages to keep it remotely affordable.

i think you have to leave them for 6 months to be classed as a new customer, thats when you can get the good deals (or some im told) just call Virgin and see what they can offer then go back to sky and see if they can beat it. its a ball ache though, all just to watch telly!

i think you have to leave them for 6 months to be classed as a new customer, thats when you can get the good deals (or some im told) just call Virgin and see what they can offer then go back to sky and see if they can beat it. its a ball ache though, all just to watch telly!
Problem is that I live in the sticks these days so Virgin not an option. In fact Sky is my only option really as my broadband is ludicrously slow compared to in the city. So really it comes down to every 12 months trying to convince them that we are prepared to leave when in reality we aren't.

I've used IPTV, both paid and free, and never found the quality and reliability to be as good as Sky. Including the 'FHD' channels.

That said, i'm incredibly anal when it comes to picture quality and the slightest degradation winds me up. I certainly don't think 'my way' is the right way, it's just what works for me. If Sky don't allow me to keep my current sub price, i'll be going back to IPTV too. I still use it for the 3pm games anyway.
I'm exactly the same mate as regards to vid quality it drives the Mrs up the wall :)

Still amazes me that people spend upto £1200 a year on Sky. Little bit of research and the correct kit and you could have 2 weeks all inclusive somewhere and whatever you wanted to watch on TV.

Currently running Plex and IPTV through a PS4 and it really is the dogs bollocks. Cost me £40 for the year and I get HD streaming for everything. I fact I watched the CL final on it and the picture quality was better than what was on next door.

Still amazes me that people spend upto £1200 a year on Sky. Little bit of research and the correct kit and you could have 2 weeks all inclusive somewhere and whatever you wanted to watch on TV.

Currently running Plex and IPTV through a PS4 and it really is the dogs bollocks. Cost me £40 for the year and I get HD streaming for everything. I fact I watched the CL final on it and the picture quality was better than what was on next door.

its now ( or will be soon ) illegal to view pirated content, so holiday or possible jail time?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.