City cleared of any wrongdoing in Garre case - no transfer ban expected

I'm really worried about this one, the wording of the complaint basically says FIFA's rule is that 16 and up can transfer between EU countries, he went from a non EU country so technically it can be argued that FIFA's rule does not apply, any thoughts?

I'm really worried about this one, the wording of the complaint basically says FIFA's rule is that 16 and up can transfer between EU countries, he went from a non EU country so technically it can be argued that FIFA's rule does not apply, any thoughts?
He has an Italian passport

Posted in another thread but a quick summary so people don't panic one way or another:

Important to note that Fifa are on City's side in this, although the CAS can still rule against Fifa if they believe Fifa's interpretation of the rules aren't correct.

We signed Argentinian, Benjamin Garre when he was 16 from the Argentine side Velez, usually that would not be allowed but in this case Garre has Italian family and an Italian passport which means he should be eligible to sign for us at 16.

Velez are disputing the part where it states a transfer a 16 years of age has to be between 2 EU countries.

City believe they will win this case.

Slightly away from the facts but I also don't believe a transfer ban would be what Velez are actually seeking, they probably just want a sizeable compensation for the player.

Last edited:
He has an Italian passport
Right but the rule that they are challenging is the transfer between 2 EU nation clubs being 16 yrs or older, and since he was contracted to a non EU club we and FIFA broke the rules (granted its FIFA's rule that they supposedly broke), I'm just concerned and hope someone with more knowledge than me can explain that we are in the clear with this one

Right but the rule that they are challenging is the transfer between 2 EU nation clubs being 16 yrs or older, and since he was contracted to a non EU club we and FIFA broke the rules (granted its FIFA's rule that they supposedly broke), I'm just concerned and hope someone with more knowledge than me can explain that we are in the clear with this one

Well you seem to know an awful lot already for someone who spelt "utd" wrong in their username

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.