U19 UEFA European Championship - 17:00 KO (BST) Final: England vs Portugal, British Eurosport

MCFC1993

Starts tomorrow. Live on Eurosport for those in Europe or on Youtube for those outside of the territories not on the list in the link below:
http://www.uefa.com/under19/news/newsid=2482742.html

Games available on tv: http://www.live-footballontv.com/live-football-on-british-eurosport.html

Group A

Portugal: 2GP 6PTS 3GF 1GA +1GD
Czech Republic: 2GP 3PTS 3GF 3GA 0GD
----------------------------------------------
Georgia (Hosts): 2GP 3PTS 2GF 2GA 0GD
Sweden: 2GP 0PTS 2GF 4GA -2GD

Group B
England 2GP 6PTS 3GF 0GA +3GD
Netherlands 2GP 3PTS 4GF 2GA +2GD
-----------------------------------------------
Germany 2GP 3PTS 4GF 4GA 0GD
Bulgaria 2GP 0PTS 0GF 5GA -5GD

02.07.17 - 14:30 - Sweden 1 - 2 Czech Republic
02.07.17 - 17:00 - Georgia 0 - 1 Portugal
03.07.17 - 14:30 - Bulgaria 0 - 2 England
03.07.17 - 17:00 - Germany 1 - 4 Netherlands
05.07.17 - 14:30 - Georgia 2 - 1 Sweden
05.07.17 - 17:00 - Czech Republic 1 - 2 Portugal
06.07.17 - 14:30 - England 1 - 0 Netherlands
06.07.17 - 17:00 - Germany 3 - 0 Bulgaria
08.07.17 - 17:00 - Czech Republic vs Georgia
08.07.17 - 17:00 - Portugal vs Sweden
09.07.17 - 17:00 - England vs Germany
09.07.17 - 17:00 - Netherlands vs Bulgaria
12.07.17 - 14:00 - Semi-Final
12.07.17 - 17:00 - Semi-Final
15.07.17 - 17:00 - Final

A few City lads to keep an eye out for:
Isaac Buckley-Ricketts (England)
Lukas Nmecha (England)
Rodney Kongolo (Netherlands)
Javairo Dilrosun (Netherlands)

Manager - Keith Downing

Aaron Ramsdale - AFC Bournemouth
Nathan Trott - West Ham United
Trevor Chalobah - Chelsea
Jay Dasilva - Chelsea, on loan at Charlton Athletic
Reece James - Chelsea
Darnell Johnson - Leicester City
Easah Suliman - Aston Villa
Josh Dasilva - Arsenal
Andre Dozzell - Ipswich Town
Tayo Edun - Fulham
Jacob Maddox - Chelsea
Mason Mount - Chelsea
Ryan Sessegnon - Fulham
Dujon Sterling - Chelsea
Ben Brereton - Nottingham Forest
Isaac Buckley-Ricketts - Manchester City
Marcus Edwards - Tottenham Hotspur
Lukas Nmecha - Manchester City

Other Squads available to see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_UEFA_European_Under-19_Championship_squads

Don't know much about the other squads bar the odd player but I think England look very strong.

Last edited:
Tough group for England but we look to have a decent squad available.

It will be interesting to see who plays at left back with both Jay Da Silva and Ryan Sessegnon available. Maybe Ryan will play on the wing.

The player I am most looking forward to watching is Marcus Edwards. He is the closest thing I have seen - along with Foden and McEachran in the U17's - to a Spain/ German style modern number ten.

For me he looks nailed on in becoming an England international if his progression is what most believe it will be.

It will be interesting to see who plays at left back with both Jay Da Silva and Ryan Sessegnon available. Maybe Ryan will play on the wing.

The player I am most looking forward to watching is Marcus Edwards. He is the closest thing I have seen - along with Foden and McEachran in the U17's - to a Spain/ German style modern number ten.

For me he looks nailed on in becoming an England international if his progression is what most believe it will be.

I think if England are ever going to win this tournament then this looks to be a pretty good shot at doing so. A strong core from a successful Chelsea squad and some very good players from other sides.

I imagine City will have a scout or 2 there with our ban on domestic youth players, after all this was Mbappe's break out tournament last year.

I think if England are ever going to win this tournament then this looks to be a pretty good shot at doing so. A strong core from a successful Chelsea squad and some very good players from other sides.

I imagine City will have a scout or 2 there with our ban on domestic youth players, after all this was Mbappe's break out tournament last year.

The U19 Euro's and U17 Euros were my pick at the start of the summer for England to do well in.

Surprisingly the hardest of the lot to win I thought would be the World Cup and U21 Euro's and we won the World Cup.

I think it will be Da Silva at left back & Sessegnon wide left if we play that system which will be a exceptional left hand side. Judging by squad numbers maybe it will be like this Da Silva (3), Sessegnon (11). There is plenty of different systems the team could adapt to but having Edwards & Mount playing behind a striker ( Nmecha hopefully ) would be great to see however just can't see an England manager being that positive and ambitious sad to say.

I think it will be Da Silva at left back & Sessegnon wide left if we play that system which will be a exceptional left hand side. Judging by squad numbers maybe it will be like this Da Silva (3), Sessegnon (11). There is plenty of different systems the team could adapt to but having Edwards & Mount playing behind a striker ( Nmecha hopefully ) would be great to see however just can't see an England manager being that positive and ambitious sad to say.

I agree.

I think Sessegnon played quite a bit as a wide-man for Fulham last season despite being a fullback.

Sterling is another to watch out for I think as well. He tore our City team apart in that Youth Cup final.

He is another player who is a fullback/ wide-man.

Bit disappointing from a City point of view, would've liked to have seen Nmecha up top.

I'm surprised that Buckley-Ricketts is even in the squad to be honest. Hardly pulled up trees in the EDS or U18 before that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.