Best City away performances? (pre takeover)

2-0 away at Newcastle in the Leagie Cup the season (I think) they should have won the league. Certainly they were really good and we were crap

1/3 old Trafford April 1968 the most penultimate game in city's history, if you was there you would understand no TV cameras everyone writing city off, the media darlings looking to knock city out before a ball was kicked, best scoring after 30 seconds, then all hell let loose, probably the greatest away performance I've ever witnessed, the march of the city fans up Warwick road was a joy to behold, the disbelief on the clingons faces has been engrained in my mind ever since

Bradford City 2 - 4 CITY

Weds in October 87 - This was a cracker and so unexpected ~ hadn't won away for donkeys.... Paul Stewart in his pomp....

Great night....

Most frightening part is that this was nearly 30 years ago !
That goal, where Stewart turned on the halfwayline and dribbled (in that somewhat clumsy style he had) the ball to the area and scored with his right (I think) was brilliant.

Edit: Just been to watch it. I forgot to mention it was also in front of the City end!

Last edited:
1/3 old Trafford April 1968 the most penultimate game in city's history, if you was there you would understand no TV cameras everyone writing city off, the media darlings looking to knock city out before a ball was kicked, best scoring after 30 seconds, then all hell let loose, probably the greatest away performance I've ever witnessed, the march of the city fans up Warwick road was a joy to behold, the disbelief on the clingons faces has been engrained in my mind ever since
Read about that game quite a bit of violence i heard outside at the end?

Read about that game quite a bit of violence i heard outside at the end?
A lot of city fans held their ground, city fans were no slouches, they couldn't believe they had lost to city, they had this air of superiority which still stands today not realising that they bruise as easy as any other fkr bullying scum who have self deserving attitude, individual skirmishes were around, but their again ask about the 4th rd fa cup game at Trafford 1970 they didn't know what hit them even though they won the game 3 nil

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.