Best City away performances? (pre takeover)

A lot of city fans held their ground, city fans were no slouches, they couldn't believe they had lost to city, they had this air of superiority which still stands today not realising that they bruise as easy as any other fkr bullying scum who have self deserving attitude, individual skirmishes were around, but their again ask about the 4th rd fa cup game at Trafford 1970 they didn't know what hit them even though they won the game 3 nil
Was a bit young to be going then would have been about 1 in 68 lol but my dad used to regale me with stories from that era where we would destroy UTD home and away with Big Mal walking round the swamp holding up 3 fingers to indicate 3-0

We played them at Trafford I was stood incognito in Stratford end the only ticket I could get? City came out and ran to the Stratford end deliberately, where the rags were singing I'd walk a million miles to the end of your nose Mike summerbee, he pointed to his nose believe it or not they cheered, then it was a rendition of Mike Doyle's a basterds to which Mike ran up to the edge of the pitch and put both hands in the air to which they cheered, a very surreal moment, Buzzer scored at the scoreboard end and after the final whistle ran straight to Stratford end and pointed to his nose, that was city that was one of my favourite moments in my time watching city and yes a few rags spotted me but decided for some reason to just leave it, soon after I joined the paras and went into my maniacal phase of life

Got to be Spurs 3-4 in the cup for me. More of one the few 'typical city' the good way then the best away performance, but still what a game..

Some great away days but it has to be Spurs away in the cup, 3 down and a man down for the 2nd half and end up winning 4-3.....that should NEVER happen against a strong team away from home....but hey. it's City.....

I'm going to go with the win at the eventual champions Blackburn during the 94/95 season.

Arguably the best City performance of the 1990's imo.

Only just seen this thread, I was at this game, having travelled the 250 miles up in a 1981 1.1L Fiesta with my very young son and a niece.
It hammered down all game yet City were worthy winners, despite being in a bit of relegation trouble still.

Some great aways, this, Villa 1-5, Millwall away (SWP's first City goal) winning, despite the efforts of the ref and lino, 50th anniversary derby, spuds 3-4 cup, Southampton away Easter Monday(?) Stefan Karl, so many.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.