Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get it. DM is Pep's position, he knows it literally better than anyone and its obviously important because Kante has been a huge part in winning the PL two years in a row. You cannot downplay its importance, and yet we are deciding we can leave it till next year? Awful decision.

I know there is some question as to whether Fabinho can play a solo pivot, but even if he has to learn it he obviously has the talent. He was the engine that broke us against Monaco and almost beat us in the first leg. He also fills in at RB and is more than good there. I suspect he could also be a world class CB as well, just like Vinnie did back in the day.

If he goes to Ateltico for 40 million we have properly missed a trick.

I just don't get it. DM is Pep's position, he knows it literally better than anyone and its obviously important because Kante has been a huge part in winning the PL two years in a row. You cannot downplay its importance, and yet we are deciding we can leave it till next year? Awful decision.

I know there is some question as to whether Fabinho can play a solo pivot, but even if he has to learn it he obviously has the talent. He was the engine that broke us against Monaco and almost beat us in the first leg. He also fills in at RB and is more than good there. I suspect he could also be a world class CB as well, just like Vinnie did back in the day.

I think I'll trust Guardiola's judgement of a player over yours, no offence.

You're very right Pep knows the position better than anybody and I presume he has decided Fabinho isnt a priority. My guess is the person he wants for that position isnt available this summer and he will wait until Toure and Fernandinho leave next summer and try and get the pivot he really wants. If hes happy to go with Gundogan , Toure and Fernandinho for a season and concentrate on full backs, I'm ok with that.

Bravo , Nolito
I think fans can be knowledgable about players as well as managers if not more so , especially if they've watched the game for a long time .

Dont think its about judgement of a player mate....you cant buy everyone you want, whenever you want. Maybe Pep just feels FB(HG player)and attack is just higher on his shopping list and he can "make do" with Yaya and Fern for another season. For me, he could be a long term replacement for Fern or is good enough to be our starting RB for the next 5 years. 40mil is a bargain (if that price is true)

Bravo , Nolito
I think fans can be knowledgable about players as well as managers if not more so , especially if they've watched the game for a long time .
Not that I entirely disagree with your point, I think it is reasonable to say those two went south in a manner you can't really attribute to a failure in judgement from Pep. They both are actually very good players but it hasn't really worked out for them here. The same could easily happen with Fabinho if he came, it wouldn't necessarily mean it was due to poor judgement.

Dont think its about judgement of a player mate....you cant buy everyone you want, whenever you want. Maybe Pep just feels FB(HG player)and attack is just higher on his shopping list and he can "make do" with Yaya and Fern for another season. For me, he could be a long term replacement for Fern or is good enough to be our starting RB for the next 5 years. 40mil is a bargain (if that price is true)
Think once Toure signed for another year it became difficult to bring in another central mid, maybe if he was covering right back as well. Maybe Alves becoming available put paid to our interest in Fabinho. If I.was to gues we will go next summer for a Kimmich or Weigl as pivot will be our main target, with other positions fairly set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.