Veganism

Likening drink driving with being the omnivore we evolved to be shows how fucking deranged you are, you absolute fruit.

Ah the "but we evolved this way.." rhetoric. I think they call that the appeal to nature fallacy. And it's a fair analogy. Drink driving is condemned because you're likely to kill/harm someone (create a victim) and buying meat from the supermarket is analogous because you're paying the Assassin to kill for you. Kind of obnoxious that I have to point this out.

Going to try and have no meat today. Cant think of a day i haven't had any in years - done 3 hours 4 minutes since i woke up and 8 hours sleeping - so over eleven hours thus far. Been tough.

You will all be glad to know I managed it - my diet yesterday was a pack of viscount biscuits, one bag of quavers, one can of full fat coke, an egg mayonnaise butty on white bread, one can of stella and a sip of white wine. Going to try again today and make it 2 days non meat eating.

Have to confess with the nutrients I put in myself yesterday I feel great.

ps - I went to a Vegan wedding last year and the bride looked pale and drawn and fucking dire if I am honest. Like she had no life in her. She was preaching about the health benefits while I was stood talking to her thinking you look horrific with all 16 stone of me feeling lovely and full and radiating personality and charisma (and sweating out stella)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah the "but we evolved this way.." rhetoric. I think they call that the appeal to nature fallacy. And it's a fair analogy. Drink driving is condemned because you're likely to kill/harm someone (create a victim) and buying meat from the supermarket is analogous because you're paying the Assassin to kill for you. Kind of obnoxious that I have to point this out.
Wibble.

It's a shit hyperbolic analogy and fails on that fact that you harm 'someone' and not 'something'. For it to be fair then the reader has to believe the rights of a chicken are the same as those of a human.

The only thing that is obnoxious is your sanctimony.

The accusations of sanctimony, or preaching, or moralising (as if they're all all inherently bad things) shows how much we hate being to told harsh truths. Does anyone really think that the world could do with less moralising? That we're performing at top level or something? Same type of people would have said 'Look, you can set your slaves free if you want; but I want to keep mine so just don't burden me with good rationality and reason, I won't hear it.' It's your life and you are free to pay the murderers, but it's just funny how people get defensive. You wouldn't say 'Oh I don't drink and drive, but it's ok if everyone else does' .. Moral apathy is insidious and pervasive. Hardly anybody tries, even for a few seconds, to put themselves in the victim's shoes. The animals are just objects of our convenience. Just too tasty obviously.

The fact throughout our history we have always eaten meat, and the fact that vegans have to supplement their diet with the required nutrition they miss out from not eating animal protein at the risk of becoming ill shows that eating meat is perfectly acceptable.

You're denying the history, biology, achievements and success of your own species by not eating meat. We would not be anywhere close to the species we are today without it and could well have died out without it.

an egg mayonnaise butty on white bread
You do realise you have consumed a chicken foetus that made its poor deliverers eyes water to pass.
In addition, you've consumed white bread, an abomination that involves the destruction of vast swathes
of the American and Canadian mid west, with the displacement of millions of native fauna to feed your
utterly selfish guzzling.
I am appalled.

The fact throughout our history we have always eaten meat, and the fact that vegans have to supplement their diet with the required nutrition they miss out from not eating animal protein at the risk of becoming ill shows that eating meat is perfectly acceptable.

You're denying the history, biology, achievements and success of your own species by not eating meat. We would not be anywhere close to the species we are today without it and could well have died out without it.

Is that true? I thought it was a relatively recent change in our history, say around 10,000 years. Physiologically, we're more likely to have been herbivores for considerably longer in our evolution before becoming omnivores.

You do realise you have consumed a chicken foetus that made its poor deliverers eyes water to pass.
In addition, you've consumed white bread, an abomination that involves the destruction of vast swathes
of the American and Canadian mid west, with the displacement of millions of native fauna to feed your
utterly selfish guzzling.
I am appalled.

Cheers - I have never forgiven the Vegan who told me how bad eating eggs was and that I was effectively eating chicken period. Every time I have tucked in to a Fried egg since I have had this thought. What a tosser he was - hope he has died of malnutrition. Go and eat a lettuce. (if he is still alive)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.