Veganism

I read somewhere that neanderthals' diet was virtually all meat, and they died out around 35,000 years ago?

some populations were predominantly meat eaters, some were a lot more varied in their diets and it largely depended on where they lived. Their reasons for dying out are much more varied and somewhat speculative, however.

How do the far northern folk, Eskimos, (Innuit) manage to subsist entirely on meat? I know
things have changed nowadays with expansion etc; but the diet of these peoples consisted solely
of Whale meat and blubber, seals and fish, not a carrot, lettuce or spring cabbage in sight,
yet some experience great longevity.

How do the far northern folk, Eskimos, (Innuit) manage to subsist entirely on meat? I know
things have changed nowadays with expansion etc; but the diet of these peoples consisted solely
of Whale meat and blubber, seals and fish, not a carrot, lettuce or spring cabbage in sight,
yet some experience great longevity.

Not sure but they're obviously breaking some kind of moral code.
They should do the right thing and starve to death so the polar bears can eat.
Polar bears are also cunts.

It's a shit hyperbolic analogy and fails on that fact that you harm 'someone' and not 'something'. For it to be fair then the reader has to believe the rights of a chicken are the same as those of a human.

The only thing that is obnoxious is your sanctimony.

Fine, you don't like the analogy, but all you have done so far is use shit fallacies. Appeal to nature, appeal to tradition, and ad hominems. I'm deranged, a fruit and sanctimonious.. you just can't help yourself can you kiddo. Until you can use an argument to defend why the systematic breeding, abusing, and killing of highly sentient animals is a good thing, or morally irrelevant then I suggest you go back to playing with your dolls.

Fine, you don't like the analogy, but all you have done so far is use shit fallacies. Appeal to nature, appeal to tradition, and ad hominems. I'm deranged, a fruit and sanctimonious.. you just can't help yourself can you kiddo. Until you can use an argument to defend why the systematic breeding, abusing, and killing of highly sentient animals is a good thing, or morally irrelevant then I suggest you go back to playing with your dolls.

I don't have to defend anything, I'll continue doing what my ancestors have been doing for the last 250 millennia and you can continue to gripe and drown in your own sanctiomy.

It's not fallacious to appeal to nature in the slightest. You only say it is as it completely shoots down why little argument you can come up with. It's not fallacious to state we have evolved to be omnivores either. In fact, I'm not sure you understand what a fallacy is which is surprising given then fact you appear to be a phallus. (There's some ad hominem for you).

We are the apex predator. We are top of the food chain. We can eat what we want and I'll spend as much time handwringing over it as a lion would.

The difference between us joe is that you can do what you want, be as vegan as you want and guess what, I won't give two hoots. I won't try and change your mind but you'll have to suffer the fact that I and the vast majority of others will continue to eat meat no matter how many toys you throw out of the pram. I actually enjoy how upset that makes you.

Being a vegan is a lifestyle choice it's no more no less unless you have a medical condition that prevents you from eating animal products.

I cut out meat, Sometimes eat fish and very occasionally dairy products.

I started for the health benefits and honestly have felt really good since switching (More energy and have also had less injuries when doing intensive training). Now this could all be down to just taking more time and thinking about what I am eating rather than the lack of meat but there is more evidence that red meat especially processed is carcinogenic (see world health organisation publication). There appear to be environmental benefits as well (although that is counter argued with the problems with soya farming).

I think the discussions about cruelty to animals is too emotive, it easily gets out of hand when you can see the passion in both sides of the argument, it also gets very difficult not to be a hypocrite as where do you draw a line in avoiding animal products completely ie do you wear a leather belt etc.

anyway

It is a lifestyle choice and I like it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.