Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think your underestimating the rising tensions in that area, there is open hatred to the Qataris by most of the Arab world and particularly by the UAE.

Great bit of PR at the very least for Qatar and I am sure the political situation helped them give Mr Alves a contact he could not refuse.
Nonsense. This is a footballing decision.

if the budget is there to sign Sanchez, we should use it on defenders. That has been the glaring weakness all along. Perhaps this might focus a few minds now.
Personally feel we can achieve all our objectives with our current set of attacking players IF we get our "Laterals" sorted out.

No one is blaming City for a players last minute change of mind. The player no longer has football at the forefront of his mind. PSG are only in one competition the CL. Obviously Alves didn't fancy the reality of playing in the Premier League. Those who worried about his age were probably right after all.
Yeah fuck him we don't need him and we will find better!!!

I fully agree but am somewhat concerned we may be forced to draft in middle of the road options in Late August.

I guess time will tell what the club's plans actually are but i'd have been pretty worried if he was our number one target. At 34 he would have been a risk and another year with a stop gap at fullback doesn't seem like a good plan to me. My main concern is that there ought to be another a main target ahead of him and there should have been all along be that kyle walker or someone else (hopefully there is and we'll find out soon).

No way will we spend the sanchez money on a right back. We will spend whatever money we hve saved from alves signing on fee and wages, plus whatever else it takes

Nonsense. This is a footballing decision.

Not so sure, PSG already have 2 RB's , Alves not a priority, IF he did have a gentleman's agreement with us, it makes it look even more it was a very personal insult to our owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.