Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's at least somewhat arguable that we need more players like Alves who elevate flopping tartishness to an art form. At least in Europe, where we always seem a bit too proper and usually get the worst of things for it.

But I can't be too upset about missing this guy. For me he always personified everything I couldn't stand about Barca and their incessant play-acting. (Klaxon) Didn't want him anyway alert!

Just feel like he has played us and used our interest and the Pep factor for a better deal. Bearing this in mind we should have been wrapping this up and beating PSG to his signing - surely we could have sold the Pep project to him.

Thanks for stating the obvious though r.e. the official site. If you have a look through the forum though there are plenty of respected ITK's who stated that this deal, along with a couple others, were/are 'nailed on'.
Well we had a deal in place. If Alves thinks PSG in a nothing league is more important than a final year or two in the Premier league then I am glad we haven't signed him.

A new Wife.
More money.
Paris.
The quality and importance of football drops to 4th place for the remaining 2 years of his career.

Shit happens!

We've done it to plenty of clubs.

When that first whistle get's blown against Everton, Dani Alves will be a distant memory.

Unfortunately this strengthens Levy's hand, as regards Walker.

I'm hoping we turn up for Brighton, first.

The disappointing thing is we let all our full backs go before having any in the bag.

We have no full backs and this was the absolute priority last summer, never mind this.

Hopefully it will get sorted soon but we need 4!!!
Our fullbacks were out of contract we have to either a) Give them a new contract or b) Release them.
We cannot keep them on until we get others and then release them. If they weren't good enough releasing them was the right thing to do.

Absolutely fucking pathetic from us. If you do the deal quickly rather than fanny around and act in good faith, you get players in. Laporte did similar last year.
I'd rather get players in only if they are totally committed. If his heart isn't in it at 34 it would have been a mistake

I'd rather get players in only if they are totally committed. If his heart isn't in it at 34 it would have been a mistake

His heart isn't in PSG. If we'd have closed the deal quickly rather than prancing around, he'd be a City player now and we wouldn't be sat here still needing four fullbacks. The mismanagement to get to this stage is hilarious.

Levy will use this to his advantage in negotiating with us for Walker, just what we didn't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.