Txiki Begiristain

To think everyone used to laugh at Gary Cook, from 20 odd Txiki signings there is only KDB top drawer with the jury out on a couple of others. Recruitment not good enough.

Cook(34):
GKs:
Given, Taylor, Pantilimon
RBs: Zabaleta, Boateng,
CBs: Kompany, Glauber, Ben-Haim, K. Toure, Lescott, Savic
LBs: Bridge, Sylvinho, Kolarov, Clichy
CMs: De Jong, Barry, Vieira, Milner, Y. Toure, Hargreaves,
AM/Wing: Bellamy, SWP, A Johnson, Silva, Nasri
ST: Jo, Robinho, Santa Cruz, Adebayor, Tevez, Balotelli, Dzeko, Aguero,

Txiki(24):
GKs:
Caballero, Bravo, Ederson
RBs: Sagna,
CBs: Demichelis, Mangala, Otamendi, Stones
LBs:
CMs:
Fernandinho, Fernando, Lampard, Delph, Gundogan,
AM/Wing: Navas, Sterling, Roberts, De Bruyne, Nolito, Sane, Bernardo
ST: Negredo, Jovetic, Bony, Jesus.

You can pick out the gems, but there's a lot of waste in both. I think if you gave Txiki 10 extra signings that Cook had in the same timeframe, and unlimited budget for the whole period too, that the picture would be very different. Clearly that FFP crunch on the budget is the weakest period of the lot.

To think everyone used to laugh at Gary Cook, from 20 odd Txiki signings there is only KDB top drawer with the jury out on a couple of others. Recruitment not good enough.
Now we get to laugh at you instead so all good.

We simply do not know the dynamics behind the scenes.
International Competitions / Fixtures
Agents
Players new wives.
Betters Packages
Politics- Middle East.
Ineptitude.
Complacency
Duplicity
Etc.

What ever it is we're in decent nick
Chill peeps.

We simply do not know the dynamics behind the scenes.
International Competitions / Fixtures
Agents
Players new wives.
Betters Packages
Politics- Middle East.
Ineptitude.
Complacency
Duplicity
Etc.

What ever it is we're in decent nick
Chill peeps.

Politics Middle East - shall we start a thread.

Was being praised on here a few weeks ago for wrapping up one of the best midfield prospects in the world whilst everyone else was snoozing.

A 34yr old rotation full back goes back on his word and suddenly Txiki is shit again.

A special kind of dumb, some on this forum.

Cook(34):
GKs:
Given, Taylor, Pantilimon
RBs: Zabaleta, Boateng,
CBs: Kompany, Glauber, Ben-Haim, K. Toure, Lescott, Savic
LBs: Bridge, Sylvinho, Kolarov, Clichy
CMs: De Jong, Barry
, Vieira, Milner, Y. Toure, Hargreaves,
AM/Wing: Bellamy, SWP, A Johnson, Silva, Nasri
ST:
Jo, Robinho, Santa Cruz, Adebayor, Tevez, Balotelli, Dzeko, Aguero,

Txiki(24):
GKs:
Caballero,
Bravo, Ederson
RBs:
Sagna,
CBs: Demichelis, Mangala, Otamendi, Stones
LBs:
CMs:
Fernandinho,
Fernando, Lampard, Delph, Gundogan,
AM/Wing: Navas, Sterling, Roberts, De Bruyne, Nolito, Sane, Bernardo
ST: Negredo
, Jovetic, Bony, Jesus.

You can pick out the gems, but there's a lot of waste in both. I think if you gave Txiki 10 extra signings that Cook had in the same timeframe, and unlimited budget for the whole period too, that the picture would be very different. Clearly that FFP crunch on the budget is the weakest period of the lot.

Of the 34 Cook bought I think it is fair to say that the 15 highlighted had an enormous influence on our firts league win and some of them our second.

Of Txiki's there are some stand out players wjho none of us would want to lose or have lost. Again highlighted. Quite a few it would not have made a differnce if they had signed or no. Obviously some of his we will be able to judge better in a few years times. Ratio of crap to good pretty similar.

But at this stage it is fair to say that Cook signed 5 players who would get in an all time City side.

I think anyone who genuinely believes that the political situation involving our owners and those of PSG somehow played a part in the way this transfer played out should be put in a darkened room and be left there for a long time.

I think anyone who genuinely believes that the political situation involving our owners and those of PSG somehow played a part in the way this transfer played out should be put in a darkened room and be left there for a long time.

I think they did.

Of the 34 Cook bought I think it is fair to say that the 15 highlighted had an enormous influence on our firts league win and some of them our second.

Of Txiki's there are some stand out players wjho none of us would want to lose or have lost. Again highlighted. Quite a few it would not have made a differnce if they had signed or no. Obviously some of his we will be able to judge better in a few years times. Ratio of crap to good pretty similar.

But at this stage it is fair to say that Cook signed 5 players who would get in an all time City side.

well the team under Pelle underachieved the final 2 seasons, and clearly we've made a few mistakes in the transfer market but also been limited and are still playing catch-up. If Pep does as hoped (and expected) and puts us as the dominant number 1 team in England and brings the success this team should really be delivering, we'll have a whole new generation of stars fighting for the all-time list. At the moment many of Txiki's look promising on paper, but it's not delivered on the pitch and that has to change. He can buy everyone we want but if we're going to keep playing 2nd fiddle to Chelsea in the trophy hunt then there's not much more he can do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.