Traveling from the states

I've been over (from Canada) once a year the past five but have yet to get to Etihad for a match. Got to go in Citizens for the Stone Roses VIP last year which was great but I am going to try for the Chelsea match on March 3 this year. Husband is a Red (the less offensive kind - LFC) so there's a match the same time at Anfield vs. Newcastle which we'll be going to - I am going to try to get some tickets with my Cityzens membership and hope that the match gets changed for TV to Sunday/sell them if it doesn't. It's his birthday otherwise I'd be saying it's my turn this season - haha.

As for where to stay, I'll recommend Roomzzz on Portland/Princess as well as the Abel Heywood in the NQ. As always any Premier Inn is clean and+ good value - the one on Dale St is a great location for the match (especially if you walk back, takes about 25-30 but you avoid the tram crush). I'd stay away from the Travelodge on Piccadilly Gardens (it's shit and well, it's Piccadilly Gardens isn't it) and the Sachas Hotel and Britannia. There are a few new properties too - Holiday Inn on Aytoun is supposed to be great and is near the first Premier Inn on Dale.

If you want to splurge the nicest hotel easily is the King Street Townhouse - wonderful and the best view of the Town Hall from the pool.

Welcome me to the board too I guess - this is my first post :D

Oh as well, Premier League has this table as expected dates for TV announcements:

August and September matches approx. announcement 10 July 2017
October to November matches approx. announcement 11 August 2017
December and January matches approx. announcement 12 October 2017
February matches approx. announcement 12 December 2017
March matches approx. announcement 25 January 2018
April matches approx. announcement 26 February 2018
May matches approx. announcement 6 April 2018
Matchweek 38 - After all clubs have played 37 matches

https://www.premierleague.com/news/419687

I try to come over once a year (have to get to London for work, so I take a day or two to come up). I've always enjoyed right about the penalty spot or the penalty box line on the side closest to the away supporters, maybe 20 rows back in the lower level. Can see the pitch; cost is good; best combination of a decent view and you can hear all the best banter. I've sat in the padded seats center pitch on the second level (which cost more) and the upper level but the atmosphere isn't quite as good. Haven't done Hospitality. Others will have good advice on tickets but I just go through the club as a Citizen member or whatever its called.

Have to watch the fixture list closely because of the rescheduling for TV, which means if you book early you have to have a window of days (Saturday-Monday; Friday too now I guess) in case the fixture gets moved. Others will know better but Sky gives everyone about six weeks notice I think. I got burned on that the first time I came out and had to change a non-refundable flight which sucked.

I concur with those who mention the Radisson. Make sure you hunt down a few pubs before the match, and Mary D's. If the City Store at the Etihad is a zoo try the one in the Arndale. Take a gander at the National Football Museum when in town and the Museum of Science and Industry, among many choices. If you have an extra day take a day trip to Chester or York or just walk around town.

You'll find City supporters the best people around and always helpful and friendly to others, even us Yankee tourists. One non-negotiable: learn the songs, drink lots beforehand and sing with gusto. Our American accents get drowned out in the cacophony so no one will know you aren't a Manc :)

200.webp

I have a trip to Manchester coming up in September (the 2nd through 18th) and wanted to catch a game at the Etihad. What is the best way to get tickets?

I try to come over once a year (have to get to London for work, so I take a day or two to come up). I've always enjoyed right about the penalty spot or the penalty box line on the side closest to the away supporters, maybe 20 rows back in the lower level. Can see the pitch; cost is good; best combination of a decent view and you can hear all the best banter. I've sat in the padded seats center pitch on the second level (which cost more) and the upper level but the atmosphere isn't quite as good. Haven't done Hospitality. Others will have good advice on tickets but I just go through the club as a Citizen member or whatever its called.

Have to watch the fixture list closely because of the rescheduling for TV, which means if you book early you have to have a window of days (Saturday-Monday; Friday too now I guess) in case the fixture gets moved. Others will know better but Sky gives everyone about six weeks notice I think. I got burned on that the first time I came out and had to change a non-refundable flight which sucked.

I concur with those who mention the Radisson. Make sure you hunt down a few pubs before the match, and Mary D's. If the City Store at the Etihad is a zoo try the one in the Arndale. Take a gander at the National Football Museum when in town and the Museum of Science and Industry, among many choices. If you have an extra day take a day trip to Chester or York or just walk around town.

You'll find City supporters the best people around and always helpful and friendly to others, even us Yankee tourists. One non-negotiable: learn the songs, drink lots beforehand and sing with gusto. Our American accents get drowned out in the cacophony so no one will know you aren't a Manc :)
haha thanks, i appreciate the effort you put in the post for me. most likely would go with the fiance so she gets to pick what we do on the free days we would have

I've been over (from Canada) once a year the past five but have yet to get to Etihad for a match. Got to go in Citizens for the Stone Roses VIP last year which was great but I am going to try for the Chelsea match on March 3 this year. Husband is a Red (the less offensive kind - LFC) so there's a match the same time at Anfield vs. Newcastle which we'll be going to - I am going to try to get some tickets with my Cityzens membership and hope that the match gets changed for TV to Sunday/sell them if it doesn't. It's his birthday otherwise I'd be saying it's my turn this season - haha.

As for where to stay, I'll recommend Roomzzz on Portland/Princess as well as the Abel Heywood in the NQ. As always any Premier Inn is clean and+ good value - the one on Dale St is a great location for the match (especially if you walk back, takes about 25-30 but you avoid the tram crush). I'd stay away from the Travelodge on Piccadilly Gardens (it's shit and well, it's Piccadilly Gardens isn't it) and the Sachas Hotel and Britannia. There are a few new properties too - Holiday Inn on Aytoun is supposed to be great and is near the first Premier Inn on Dale.

If you want to splurge the nicest hotel easily is the King Street Townhouse - wonderful and the best view of the Town Hall from the pool.

Oh as well, Premier League has this table as expected dates for TV announcements:

hahah welcome to the board

Rag! :)

I came over last year for the first time! Stayed at the Premier Inn Picadilly and everything was incredibly convenient. Easy to get to the Etihad. Quick train ride to Edale in the Peak District. Lots of good pubs and food in the area. Took a train to Burnley for a Saturday match before the City match on Sunday. Coming back this year in October so I can get to the matches on the 14th and 21st. Actually hoping the 21st gets moved to Sunday so I can go to Huddersfield on Saturday. Who knows, maybe there will be a home Champions League match in between. As an added bonus, Richard Thompson will be at the Lowry on Thursday of that week. Can't wait for the trip!!!

Any suggestions for someone coming over from the States to getting tickets for the September 9 match against Liverpool? My wife and I are coming over for a trip the week before and will be in Manchester that weekend and really would like to make this our first Premier League experience. In looking to buy directly from the City site, it seems like snagging general tickets through them is unlikely - in fact, the site even says that you to buy General Sale tickets you must "have previously attended a first team home match at the Etihad Stadium prior to 1st June, 2017." So, I'm trying to figure out the best option and any guidance would be appreciated. Should I be looking at places like Stubhub and similar sites (although the Stubhub tickets currently for sale say they can only ship within the UK)? Again, any advice/pointer would really help.

Any suggestions for someone coming over from the States to getting tickets for the September 9 match against Liverpool? My wife and I are coming over for a trip the week before and will be in Manchester that weekend and really would like to make this our first Premier League experience. In looking to buy directly from the City site, it seems like snagging general tickets through them is unlikely - in fact, the site even says that you to buy General Sale tickets you must "have previously attended a first team home match at the Etihad Stadium prior to 1st June, 2017." So, I'm trying to figure out the best option and any guidance would be appreciated. Should I be looking at places like Stubhub and similar sites (although the Stubhub tickets currently for sale say they can only ship within the UK)? Again, any advice/pointer would really help.
Please please please don't buy from a website like stubhub.
I came over for the Arsenal game May 2016 and bumped into a family of 2 adults and 3 kids from Louisiana on the bus to the ground, heard the accent and started a chat, showed them around the ground etc. On the bus, the dad said ''I paid $300 for the tickets 6 months ago from a website, was that a good deal?''
I worked out roughly how much that was in sterling and divided by 5 and said that wasn't bad for 5 tickets.
He then replied ''No, $300 each!''
Everyone on the bus gasped..... I gently broke the news to him how much a ticket was (he was in Colin Bell 3rd tier) and tried not to make it sound too bad.....
Keep looking / asking on here for tickets. Someone will be away on hols or a wedding or whatever and can't go.
Or email the club and explain - trouble is, to them you could be a Liverpool fan trying to get in the City end, had we been playing Southampton there wouldn't be an issue probably.
Just don't get ripped off by a website

All you fans wanting to get your hands on tickets join Cityzen Matchday today and have access to any home game ticket immediately (Cityzen Matchday ticket exclusivity ends 26th July). Here is the link

https://tickets.mancity.com/login.aspx

Adults pay £35 membership fee but receive a £5 discount on a match day ticket

Does it get any better??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.