Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing news but it's swings and roundabouts. De Bruyne had chosen us over PSG (and Bayern) couple of seasons ago and there will probably be a few more times when we nab PSG targets.

Last edited:
Thread was on 221 pages from last I checked, which was only yesterday. But it seems that he had a change of heart. His quotes back in Brazil and terminating the Juventus contract early really made me think that he was coming. Club can be mad, but at the end of the day he was a free agent and chose to play in an easier league, on higher wages, and was probably given assurances he'd start over Munier. On top of all that, one of his wife's recent IG posts said Paris was her favorite city.

I wanted him, won't act like I didn't. But he was a two year option, so it's not the end of the world. Would be really intrigued to know the next time he and Pep speak though, as I'd assume he's a bit angrier than those of us on here.

Not to arsed about missing out on the player, if he had given Guardiola his word though that would be a bit shithouse. On the flip side of that if he didn't and it is just papers assuming then meh. I hope he has a nice couple of years there and retires to a nice life with the missus tbh, fair fucks to him.

I would have liked to see how he cut it in his prime in the prem though i must admit.

if those wages someone posted were correct, he should not be angry at him. He would be crazy to accept 6 mil. per year if he was offered 14.

Fuck me. 100 pages back and you are all creaming your pants for him, now it's classed as dodging a bullet.

Love these threads.

Human nature. My honest thoughts when we were first linked with him was that he was a sticking plaster signing. I then thought it would be a good thing to sign a proven winner who has already bought in to peps style. I then heard he had done a u turn and was initially pissed off but now I think it is a positive so we can focus on a long term right back solution!

Whereas I was all over the b silva signing from the start as I have been really impressed with him at Monaco. Rule of thumb is if you ain't excited when first linked then don't sign em! Ala Delph Sinclair garcia etc

PSG's strategy works for a great number of players, pay extremely high wages. I suspect Dani desired very much to reunite with Pep but surprising that City wouldn't come close to the wages when his addition could've/would've been key

Plus, Paris has a number of Brasilians in the squad with whom Dani is close - interestingly enough there is some speculation that his new bride had something to do with Paris>Manchester. If you're a fashion model, suppose only logical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.