William Carvalho

if we had the money I'd love to replace Fernando with Carvalho and Fernandinho with Fabinho.

But.

I don't know what to expect from this, there's a lot of other Premier League competition but I could see us being his first choice, he's old enough to come in and understand what Pep wants but young enough still to develop further, let's not forget he started every game for Portugal at the last euros and has UCL experience, at below 30 million pounds, he's also relatively cheap, must admit though that whilst he's an upgrade and what we need, would prefer Fabinho for his versatility.

Dont forget that Pep's brother is also his agent!;)

A lot people on here slagging him off but I would be more than happy with a cash plus Fernando deal for him! Massive upgrade on him

A lot people on here slagging him off but I would be more than happy with a cash plus Fernando deal for him! Massive upgrade on him

Don't see him as a massive upgrade, they perform different roles for a start, albeit in the same position on the pitch. I think we have more use for a player like Fernando than Carvalho but if Pep doesn't then so be it.

The main issue though isn't whether he's an upgrade on Fernando, with our current squad and positions that need filling we have to assume Fernando won't be in the squad when the squad lists are confirmed so there's nobody to upgrade on. Carvalho would be taking up a spot that's either earmarked for a fullback/attacker(sanchez) or he'll be taking the spot of somebody else in the squad, and i don't see anybody else that's expendable and certainly not for Carvalho. that's the issue here.

Bravo
Ederson
Kompany
Otamendi
Kolarov
Yaya
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Silva
KDB
Bernardo
Sane
Jesus
Aguero
new lb
new rb
new forward

That's how our foreign quota stands right now, completely full with space set aside for 3 key signings and no Fernando. How do you fit Carvalho into that?

No idea why people slag him off, he's actually pretty decent and a huge upgrade on what we currently have. Only downside is his huge frame which makes him a bit clumsy and slow but he makes up for that in his positioning.

I guess people who had maybe seen him in 1 or 2 bad games started the trend then the sheep who seriously don't have a clue jumped on the 'Carvalho is shite' bus to follow suit and created this opinion on here.

Without doubt there are better options out there, but none that are readily available at that price. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Really underwhelming if this happens, There's plenty of better options out there in his role that may not be available for a similar amount of money but it's about time we invested in someone of a higher calibre than we have in the past and we'd finally be getting that position most on here would class as a problem sorted out.

I would be really surprised if this rumour was true. He just doesn't look a Pep type player, his ball control and transition is not any better than Fernando from what I have seen. I maybe doing him an injustice but I think he would struggle to make the bench and also block a foreign spot.

Much better player than Fernando. Excellent passer and good positional sense. The ideal replacement for Toure (the present day Toure rather than the Toure of a few years ago). I don't think he's a player we need right now but I'd be happy enough if we signed him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.