U19 UEFA European Championship - 17:00 KO (BST) Final: England vs Portugal, British Eurosport

We are going to have to raise our game massively if we want to beat Portugal in the final.

Agreed, however how many of these lads will be playing first team football next season.

If I was one of these players I would be getting my agent to get me a move to Germany or Spain.

I was thinking about this the other day.

If they won't place B teams in the football league then maybe they would consider an England U21 side being placed in the football league. Where any club who has English players U21 can tell the FA they are available for the season and the FA then pick a squad of 25 like any club has to etc...Not sure how they would work the logistics but I think it's an alright idea.

I was thinking about this the other day.

If they won't place B teams in the football league then maybe they would consider an England U21 side being placed in the football league. Where any club who has English players U21 can tell the FA they are available for the season and the FA then pick a squad of 25 like any club has to etc...Not sure how they would work the logistics but I think it's an alright idea.

Never going to happen mate. Too much history and tradition for the football league to be radically changed.

The clubs are to blame though as there is a lot of bang average talent coming into the Premier League from abroad and and the lower leagues which could easily be filled by some of these England lads. Spurs have proven it under Pochettino.

What I don't understand is that if I was a Bournemouth for example, if I could get one if these promising players and turn them into a top PL player, the money I would make selling them to a top PL team would be ridiculous.

Look at Dele Alli. Bought for what? £5m? Spurs could get £80m easy now from one of Chelsea, United or City.

Burnley did the same with Keane. Bought for £1m. Sold for £30m.

I think City have realised the whole B team idea is never going to happen and in result we have setup relationships with Brada and Girona.

Never going to happen mate. Too much history and tradition for the football league to be radically changed.

The clubs are to blame though as there is a lot of bang average talent coming into the Premier League from abroad and and the lower leagues which could easily be filled by some of these England lads. Spurs have proven it under Pochettino.

What I don't understand is that if I was a Bournemouth for example, if I could get one if these promising players and turn them into a top PL player, the money I would make selling them to a top PL team would be ridiculous.

Look at Dele Alli. Bought for what? £5m? Spurs could get £80m easy now from one of Chelsea, United or City.

Burnley did the same with Keane. Bought for £1m. Sold for £30m.

I think City have realised the whole B team idea is never going to happen and in result we have setup relationships with Brada and Girona.

I agree, I think there is definitely an opportunity for Premier League clubs to benefit on the pitch and financially off the pitch by bringing through young English players. You look at teams across the league like Stoke, West Brom and think what have they got to lose. Like you say it's benefitted Tottenham and it's also benefitted Southampton, either on the pitch or financially.

I would say to begin with that we were one of the problems letting young english talent like Roberts and Adarabioyo etc... sit on the bench/reserves. However, I agree and think the Girona and NAC ventures have given us the opportunity to develop our young English players.

I still think our very best players (Foden, Sancho, Diaz) should be kept and slowly integrated into a successful winning side, I just think it's easier for their development and will obviously improve them playing with world class players. Opportunities are obviously an issue though.

If these commentators could get out of Mason Mount's butthole this match may be easier to listen to.

0-0 Half time.

Decent performance 1st half, need more from the central players, particularly Mount. Edwards may need to be brought on 2nd half.

Both City lads doing alright, I like Buckley-Ricketts, he's had a good tournament.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.