Sky Sports Relaunch- New and Exclusive Channels for Football

Sky Sports are relaunching their programming system from the 18th of July and replacing their old channels with TEN new ones. Among these are the dedicated channels Sky Sports Premier League and Sky Sports Football.
Thoughts?
Someone posted about this a few weeks back and some of the papers also mentioned it,was talk of sports channels dedicated to that sport I.e golf,rugby and of course football also prices being mentioned at £18 a month or so ..

Sky Sports are relaunching their programming system from the 18th of July and replacing their old channels with TEN new ones. Among these are the dedicated channels Sky Sports Premier League and Sky Sports Football.
Thoughts?
Thoughts are the Tech is dated and isn't in flow with current services out there that consumers have become accustomed to.

On demand Apps with a direct connection to Internet servers, providing HD Streams.
Costs me £50 per year for my UFC premium pass, completely legal, direct from The UFC.

This is the way to go.
NHL, NFL, the big boys have this service now, and it's about time football went with the times.

Crazy numbers are watching illegal streams, why not attempt to get a percentage of the illegal streamers onto a Legal service?

I used to download music illegally as a kid, haven't done so for many years now due to Spotify.
£10pm and all the music I want.

If the Legal HD streaming app was priced right, I'd be the first to sign up.
I last had a Sky subscription over a decade ago so as it stands with Football... Only Manchester City get any money from me with the season ticket

The big issue is that sky are currently paying over the odds for football. They pay more than it's worth to the premier league to snare in the rest of your contract.

If the prem took it in house and put it at €100 per season, they'd clean up. But sky have no doubt matched or bettered their forecasts on doing this.

I have UFC fightpass and NFL gamepass and would happily take a prem one.

Thats ok then, 6mths to go for me

Tell them you are leaving and they will vastly reduce your remaining months, win win for you.

My wife did it and then when she heard the new offer went berserk at them for being able to offer it so cheap and then promptly kicked them into touch for robbing her/us for 25 years or so lol

I'm an expat, and I would happily pay for an English-language reliable streaming service for the Premier League. But it's not possible, so if I wanted to watch it legally, I'd have to subscribe to hundreds of channels I'm not interested in just to watch it with foreign commentary.

Internet streaming services are the best thing to happen to TV in decades. Nowadays, TV shows are made for audiences rather than advertisers, and it's not a coincidence that that has led to probably the best era for TV in a long time. It always amazed me that you could spend £50 a month to subscribe to Sky and you seemingly get more adverts than you do on normal TV. But wasn't that their whole business model. Buy the rights to the football to force football fans to subscribe to the rest of the shite for the privilege? Let's be honest, for everything other than sport, Sky was made fairly pointless a while ago by Freeview.

I would happily pay 50, 60 quid a season to watch all city games

The blurb for the new sky premier league £18 pcm channel talks about dedicated service for each club included in the price, to include match highlights from every game, full match delayed, interviews, features etc - if I read it right.
Not sure if they are gonna have 20 red button options, one for each team, or whether it will be online only, but tbh, if they are going to do it properly it sounds like they are going as far as the current deal allows to giving each club their own channel - we shall see...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.