Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
just waiting for the trumpistas on here to start saying that the policies of Pol Pot were actually 'common sense'...anyone that says
otherwise is just a victim of the mainstream media 'fake news.' Amazing - the election of Trump is perhaps the greatest proof
that turkeys do indeed vote for Christmas.

Gavin won't wash with conservatives, and shouldn't. The nation needs a unifier who can put himself/herself either above or to the side of the fray. A traditional leftist (especially a San Franciscan) isn't going to work. Were it George Moscone I'd agree.

You know who'd beat the snot outta Trump? Arnold the Terminator. Alas he's not US born. He's conservative in name but actually an apolitical country-lover first, like Reagan was. Or like Kennedy. IMO. That's all an open can of worms, yes.

I realize politically all were perceived as askew by those on the other side of the aisle, but all were thought of as men first (i.e. with personality, strength, charm, character) by the "average" American and as politicians second. That's what/who America needs. It can probably come from either party.

Note I am not especially liberal, nor conservative :). Just a pragmatist who recognized what Trump was instantly 25 years ago and thinks of him as nearly the very worst person in the country to have his job, second only to Charles Manson.
I appreciate your even handed comments, but the country is being moved right of center as its "middle", which needs redress, especially considering the level of disingenuous politicking that is taking place to do it.

Newsom is the perfect candidate, unless he has some skeletons that would dissuade him from running (is anything beyond the pale anymore???), and his conservative talking head ex-wife (The Five on Fox News!) may not give him two thumbs up, but his second wife (who is a babe, btw!) is also a recovering Republican! And, I'm sure they could make some pretty good ads for him, using her documentary skills.

He is well spoken and if he ran I think he would be the one to beat, especially if he can find a well qualified running mate (Latino? Female? Strong on national security/defence?). Maybe one of the Castro brothers?

Either way, it would be nice to see some young blood injected into the presidential race next time, so we don't have two people who would normally have been retired years before they entered the race. It would be nice to inject some class, dignity, intellect and policy experience into the White House again, wouldn't it? I miss Obama! ;-)

Interesting series of tweets from Assange where he says he contacted Junior to try and get him to release his emails on Wikileaks. He goes on to say "I argued that his enemies have it--so why not the public? His enemies will just milk isolated phrases for weeks or months..."
By his enemies, I presume he means the NYT and the free press.
Anyone would think he is doing his best to help the Trumps and could well have been doing the same last October when he leaked the DNC and Podesta emails!
All a bit circumstantial but it's difficult to come to a different conclusion than there has been co-ordination between the Trumps, the Russians and Wikileaks all along.

Nowt like sticking it too the establishment and the elites with a vote for trumper is there...
Remember the look on his face after meeting Obama for the transition meeting? Hex looked like he'd had his arse handed to him and since that moment handing out jobs in security Clearence willy nilly as if to avoid making any decisions in the area required.

I'm not defending him whatsoever. The way foreign policy has continued the same since Bush 2 makes me wonder who's really running that country.

I don't like the Trumps, I think they're all undeserving idiots (excluding the ignored ones at the moment).

What I DO think is fascinating is how they've disrespected the US laws and highest position in the land with impunity showing that dignity and unwritten rules mean nothing. If it's not law, they'll ignore it and even if it is, they push all the boundaries they can, knowing nothing will happen!

They've, essentially, made a joke out of American politics and the American way of life. It makes me think about this phrase "we are the greatest nation on Earth" as quite fraudulent! We, in Europe (and the rest of the world) succumb to the rhetoric of hearing the familiar phrases and begin to believe them, in some way or fashion. So, just imagine being in the middle of it all, seeing the gun violence, seeing the rich get richer, struggling to get health care, seeing your President act the doofus, whilst pledging to the flag and telling yourself you are the greatest nation ever created! And all that is just a snapshot of things!

America DOES have the potential to be that 'greatest nation', but they have a lot to sort out, imo.

The Head of the FBI is the highest level of law enforcement in the USA, and as such apolitical. However, Trump decided otherwise. He didn't like the direction the Russian investigation was going, so he stepped in and sorted it. Now it seems that whatever negativity is reported in the press, he just brushes it off as either fake news or the biggest political witch hunt in the history of the World ever.

If any politician in this county, let alone the Prime Minister was implemented in a tenth of the s**t that the Donald is up to his orange neck in, they would be out of a job in a heart beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.