Glass Tunnel now taking shape

I am pretty sure Gary James highlighted in one of his books how public transport influenced areas of support and probably family ties through generations have led to areas around Hyde/Maine Rd still maintaining a large City support.

I know for myself, as a kid, getting the 211 to Belle Vue and then walking from there or the 53 was quite an easy journey.

Fair play to your late father for all his efforts organising the movement of fans. Hope they never had priority for tickets though lol

Same journey as my family made Frank.

We also used to get the coach from Reddish Essaldo when we lived in West End.

Did you know Pete Lockwood & Leapy Lee & that complete nutter Graham Finnigan from the Church Inn ?

Doesn't surprise me that they're struggling to sell this. I went to the sales presentation in Abu Dhabi when they over here in February and the response from everyone was the same: it's way, way overpriced for what it is.

Last edited:
Doesn't surprise me that they're struggling to sell this. I went to the sales presentation on Abu Dhabi when they over here in February and the response from everyone was the same: it's way, way overpriced for what it is.

i think we might end up with a wembley type situation. lots of empty seats behind the manager and not full for the less glamorous games.

i think we might end up with a wembley type situation. lots of empty seats behind the manager and not full for the less glamorous games.

That awkward moment when we are against the ropes and Pep turns round to pump up the crowd and is greeted by plastic seats and the nearest fan 100 yards away....

I remembered asking this before I think. I'm building a game room with selected City memorabilia and thinking of buying my seats from 126 and 127. Sat on 126 for 2 years and 127 1 year. What is the fate of the seats? Do I call the City management or will these be again be auctioned like the Maine Road seats?

I have a Maine Road seat and 2 more makes it an uncomfy futon.

Same journey as my family made Frank.

We also used to get the coach from Reddish Essaldo when we lived in West End.

Did you know Pete Lockwood & Leapy Lee & that complete nutter Graham Finnigan from the Church Inn ?

Bit further along me CPB picking the bus up at Hyde bus station. I was making that route early 90s. Not aware of those names. We have certainly had our fair share of characters following us.

Bit further along me CPB picking the bus up at Hyde bus station. I was making that route early 90s. Not aware of those names. We have certainly had our fair share of characters following us.

Cheers Frank. I was in Denton from '52/'76.

Been involved in missionary work in Yaaaaaaaarkshire since them.

My Father would be spinning,a man of his time,he hated rags & tykes !!

I got a call earlier this week - invited to go and look at the glass tunnel - so I'm going at some point soon. I'd be interested to see it but I've already told the guys that my priority is saving up for my retirement, not spending a fortune on something i would not be able to justify to myself, let alone anybody else

I remembered asking this before I think. I'm building a game room with selected City memorabilia and thinking of buying my seats from 126 and 127. Sat on 126 for 2 years and 127 1 year. What is the fate of the seats? Do I call the City management or will these be again be auctioned like the Maine Road seats?

I have a Maine Road seat and 2 more makes it an uncomfy futon.

I have been in these blocks since we moved to the Etihad, it would of been a lovely touch to have been sent my seats as a gesture for moving. I doubt they are keeping them for emergencies (broken seats, the CFA or eventually the extension).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.