Ryan Bertrand

You're absolutely clueless if you think he's a winger. He's as much a winger as Silva and Nasri were in Pellegrini's 4222.

Playing wide doesn't make you a winger, and Bernardo Silva is not a suitable substitute for Sterling or Sané, he's a #10 put on the wing who comes inside at every single opportunity, the exact opposite of wing play, and the exact opposite of what Guardiola wants from his wingers.
But he plays on the wing..... that's also his position for Portugal ffs!

But he plays on the wing..... that's also his position for Portugal ffs!

Just Like Nasri/Silva played on the left wing in Pellegrini's first season when we won the league playing 442/4222.

Are Nasri or Silva wingers? No.

Monaco played with 2 attacking midfielders on the wings, who would push inside to their natural position in the centre of the pitch and allow Mendy and Sidibé to bomb forward and provide width.

Bernardo can play wide in the same way KDB can. In some teams it'd be fine, but with the way Guardiola plays, creating 1v1 situations in very wide areas for his wingers, it's not going to work, it'd require a complete change of the way we attack.

Guys if you want to discuss something other than Bertrand then please find the relevant thread.

Thank you.

I like Bertrand more than Rose, who loses the ball too often for my liking. Gets the English quota up, too. Worth at least £30m in today's mad market.

much happier with him than i am with Walker. who i still don't see as capable to play in Pep system. Bertrand does seem to possess the necessary attributes to play in a Pep side though, much more of a brain on him and not completely reliant on pace. He's far from spectacular but he's homegrown and the simple fact is most top teams in this country have to compromise somewhere to fit in the homegrown players as there's very few good enough at this level. He's a good, sound compromise. I'd say only marginally better than Clichy and obviously younger, will seem like a lot better transfer if we can get Mendy in too. Mendy and Bertrand is a strong left back duo.

much happier with him than i am with Walker. who i still don't see as capable to play in Pep system. Bertrand does seem to possess the necessary attributes to play in a Pep side though, much more of a brain on him and not completely reliant on pace. He's far from spectacular but he's homegrown and the simple fact is most top teams in this country have to compromise somewhere to fit in the homegrown players as there's very few good enough at this level. He's a good, sound compromise. I'd say only marginally better than Clichy and obviously younger, will seem like a lot better transfer if we can get Mendy in too. Mendy and Bertrand is a strong left back duo.
I like Bertrand seems very consistent and always puts in solid performances,so if we are in for him I'll be happy with that..

Bertrand- HG, in his prime, can play CB and is very good in general. We will soon have four regular starters for England.

Very consistent player with no major flaws in his game. £30m is a decent price in today's market. Hopefully we can bring him in along with Mendy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.