Txiki Begiristain

Signing walker at last cannot have anyone moaning we aren't getting deals done and being gome grown and premier league experienced is a major bonus.

However if spurs do sign Ricardo Periera for around 22m and serge aurier is available for 12m-ish. I do think we had a chance of two RBs as good if not potentially better than walker cheaper.

Saying that I have no clue on how these negotiation pan out internally so can only be happy with what we have and that players in positions we need have been signed.

I'll give Txiki stick all day for the mess we were in at fullback BUT.....if we get Walker and Mendy in before US tour, I'll give him all the credit in the world for filling our biggest needs with 2 internationals that solidify the position for the next 5+ years. Sanchez etc are just a bonus for me....Walker and Mendy alone make us a complete team for the first time in a number of years....For me, its not about money,fees etc...its about locking onto our targets and doing whatever it takes to get them and even better if they arrive in good time to settle in with the squad before the season starts...If Mendy/Walker are on that plane for the US tour(and its looking like Walker will be and Mendy seems close!)....I dont think we could ask for any more! Well done Txiki!
Well said that man

I expect there will be quite a few pages added tonight with others coming on to demonstrate that they can also be so fair-minded and principled as you have been

Oh how I miss the old days. Can't imagine how half of the posters on here would've coped

I have just had a 'flashback memory' from sometime in the early 90's There was a 'premium rate' line you could phone up (£1 a min rings a bell) and get updates on your club (think it was called 'clubcall' or something like that).

I remember working away and calling it up to hear the latest transfer news in a hotel after a skinful - they always insinuated there was big news but kept you hanging on so you paid 5mins worth

I was woken with the phone on my chest and the music from that site in my ears - about 6 hours later !!!!

Signing walker at last cannot have anyone moaning we aren't getting deals done and being gome grown and premier league experienced is a major bonus.

However if spurs do sign Ricardo Periera for around 22m and serge aurier is available for 12m-ish. I do think we had a chance of two RBs as good if not potentially better than walker cheaper.

Saying that I have no clue on how these negotiation pan out internally so can only be happy with what we have and that players in positions we need have been signed.

They're not home grown.

I have just had a 'flashback memory' from sometime in the early 90's There was a 'premium rate' line you could phone up (£1 a min rings a bell) and get updates on your club (think it was called 'clubcall' or something like that).

I remember working away and calling it up to hear the latest transfer news in a hotel after a skinful - they always insinuated there was big news but kept you hanging on so you paid 5mins worth

I was woken with the phone on my chest and the music from that site in my ears - about 6 hours later !!!!
Big news lol - We've signed Peter Reid!

They're not home grown.

I already said that was a bonus about walker, you could argue we could have tried to get them and tried to sign rose for left back instead of mendy for home grown staus and kept gunn if the bravo to napoli rumour is true.

As I said I ain't a director of football so won't critisize txiki for this deal, as he's done what was required, just musing that was all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.