Would You Like To See The (Manchester) Bee Incorporated Into Any Future Badge Redesign?

I said last year we should fuck the Earl of Lancaster's rose right off and have the bee

the bee was always know to many mancs and part of theor symbols.of the city, and so does the rose whether we are in the political county or not, as we are still in the county boundries ( well bar the cheshire set in sale amd the like)
The thing is it's incorrectly associated with the county, it was the symbol of one family from Lancaster (as was the white rose for one family in York) and people still incorrectly think The War Of The Roses was Lancashire v Yorkshire when it wasn't, there were parts of Lancashire that fought with York and many parts of Yorkshire and Lancashire that were absolutely nothing to do with either rose and weren't involved in the war

Lancaster is 55miles away and has nowt to do with this city

Last edited by a moderator:
DEoCJgnWAAA2x5Q.jpg

Does United's positioning of the bee seem to draw more attention to their sponsors or am I just being picky ?

The thing is it's incorrectly associated with the county, it was the symbol of one family from Lancaster (as was the white rose for one family in York) and people still incorrectly think The War Of The Roses was Lancashire v Yorkshire when it wasn't, there were parts of Lancashire that fought with York and many parts of Yorkshire and Lancashire that were absolutely nothing to do with either rose and weren't involved in the war

Lancaster is 55miles away and has nowt to do with this city

Agreed.

Get rid of the rose has no relevance to Manchester any more the bee always has and even more so now Unfortunately most of the voters at the time had no knowledge of the significance of the bee, bet they've all got tattoos now
Indeed so, I voted for the bee too. I'd Do it to piss off the United fans who have tattooed in on themselves ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.