Lee 'Bad buy' Bradbury

I seem to recall going to Burnley for a pre-season friendly Amd watching him score a thirty minute first half Hatrick. He was subbed off to rapturous applause.
I was at that game and spent the next two weeks on holiday in gran canaria telling all my mates what an incredible player we'd signed. Safe to say they still laugh at me over that one.

I give you Craig Russell, who cost 1m from the Mackems. Didn't David Makin allude to the fact that (without mentioning any names) he actually paid it out of his own pocket but eventually came to the conclusion that he may as well have thrown the money down a grid ? He was crap.

Duncan Davidson probably the worst and most unfit City player of all time. Also responsible for the scrappiest goal in City's history against Swansea in 83/84 season.
Scrappy, it's a superb in-off, clearly deliberate. ;-)

Mind you I'd forgotten how good Parlane's finish was for the first goal.

He signed from Rotherham
He appeared alongside Mcllroy and Lillis on the front cover of the first home programme of 85-86
He played 4 games and then...er...er,,

Was that a lad called Johnson? Centre half I remember, big perm 'n' tash.... and I went to that match against Leicester City, ended 1-1 with Lillis scoring a penelty I do seem to recall...

Duncan Davidson probably the worst and most unfit City player of all time. Also responsible for the scrappiest goal in City's history against Swansea in 83/84 season.
You weren't at Blackpool in the cup then if you think that's the scrappiest goal in city's history, trust me that would have been goal of the season.

You weren't at Blackpool in the cup then if you think that's the scrappiest goal in city's history, trust me that would have been goal of the season.
The thread about the bit if the QPR game being voted the worst bit of football ever is nowhere near that Blackpool goal, infact if I remember correctly the whole game was fucking shocking not that it was rare for us in those days.

The thread about the bit if the QPR game being voted the worst bit of football ever is nowhere near that Blackpool goal, infact if I remember correctly the whole game was fucking shocking not that it was rare for us in those days.

Memories! Even though there was some absolute dire stuff, i still look back at them days fondly! Simpler times and some brilliant away days!

Was that a lad called Johnson? Centre half I remember, big perm 'n' tash.... and I went to that match against Leicester City, ended 1-1 with Lillis scoring a penelty I do seem to recall...

Yep. it was the anonymous Nigel Johnson. I can't remember anything apart from the Jim Tolmiesque perm, yet looking at my programme collection, I must have witnessed all his City appearances.

Was it Lee Peacock who the Goat said on his first day at the club, when introduced to the rest of the team, the first thing he asked was "which day do all the players go out on the piss"
Lee Peacock - the cheaper Lee Bradbury

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.