London Tube Change Greetings...

What's bollocks about wanting to define the way you feel you are?

I can feel like I'm a tree but it doesn't make it true.

I'm very much behind transgender people as they're changing into something that's within nature and of course it's their decision. There's no such thing as no gender for humans.

People do like to overact to innocuous shit don't they. I mean, it's a greeting. Nothing more nothing less. I doubt anybody actually travelling on the tube pays much attention either way.

I can feel like I'm a tree but it doesn't make it true.

I'm very much behind transgender people as they're changing into something that's within nature and of course it's their decision. There's no such thing as no gender for humans.

So, because it's a biological impossibility it means their feelings are bollocks. I am pretty sure feelings are an objective feature of reality, they are real and worthy of sensitivity. We are not simply our sex organs.. if people want to identify as no gender, then it's a 'phenomena' it isn't 'bollocks'

So, because it's a biological impossibility it means their feelings are bollocks. I am pretty sure feelings are an objective feature of reality, they are real and worthy of sensitivity. We are not simply our sex organs.. if people want to identify as no gender, then it's a 'phenomena' it isn't 'bollocks'

Yes in a word, not that I care.

People can call themselves what they want, I won't lose any sleep over it, but as you say, if it's biologically impossible then surely it's bollocks.

No we are not simply our sex organs, as we are more complex than bacteria but as a species we can only ever be male or female. I'm all for giving people the chance to swap if they feel they're the other gender to their birth but you cannot just make up other or no genders and pretend it's actually a thing.

Yes in a word, not that I care.

People can call themselves what they want, I won't lose any sleep over it, but as you say, if it's biologically impossible then surely it's bollocks.

No we are not simply our sex organs, as we are more complex than bacteria but as a species we can only ever be male or female. I'm all for giving people the chance to swap if they feel they're the other gender to their birth but you cannot just make up other or no genders and pretend it's actually a thing.

Gender isn't "actually a thing" in the first place though. It's a social/cultural construct. Society and culture is changing. It might not have been a problem for you but a lot of the gender norms/roles/expectations that society has rigidly ascribed to people on account of their biological sex hasnt worked out for them. These narrow views of what men and women should be have held people back over the generations, caused shame/anguish and stopped people reaching their full potential in my view. Baby steps like this towards a more open minded and less rigid view on sex/gender will benefit those who don't comfortably fit into those two boxes. It won't cost anybody else anything.

It's interesting when you talk about not having a problem with people wanting to change their sex. What about people who accept their biological sex and are comfortable in their bodies but simply don't ascribe to traditional masculine/feminine traits? I imagine in a society that is more accepting of gender fluidity you'd see fewer people opting for a sex change and instead just being a man who happens to enjoy wearing a dress or be a little girl that wants to play football. These sound like tiny things but can needlessly weigh heavily on people throughout their lives. Look at how high the rate of suicide is in young males? Time and time again we're told that the expectations on young men in respect to masculinity are a huge contributing factor in this.

At the end of the day, it really isn't relevant if you have a dick or a fanny when using the tube and if they want to make a tiny adjustment to the language they use to greet people with then that's fine with me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.