Good Satirist Bands-(Is that even a genre?)

talkativesprout

Eh grandad, what yer sayin...... i've just found the Arctic Monkeys....yes i fuckin know i must of been under a stone.

No, i was off my fuckin face as it happens for a great many yrs encompassing 2 milleniums and 3 decades(47). I was 30 at the new turn of the millennium a well into as much MDMA as i could stuff down my throat without being a SUN headline.

In my stupor i would have answered Arctic Monkeys if asked by Bradley Walsh, "Who was chasing cars"...well they are both cold and i was fucked, I digress. I love that genre.
Space-Spiders; being well in my top ten most listened to (Full) albums. Anything, Beautiful South and before them maybe a bit of LATE madness then just loads of one hit wonders like Just Jack.

I'm a big Paul Weller fan, Come to Milton Keynes might have started me off.......anything similar anyone can suggest?....

Nobody could touch the Bonzo Dog Band. Only the Mothers come close. And I am sure even Frank Zappa felt threatened. My Pink Half Of The Drain Pipe.... Yeah. I'll take what they are on. But I wish Viv Stanshall's life wasn't such a sad tale.

Last edited:
Half Man Half Biscuit of modern bands.

Best ever though we're the Bonzos.
I saw their tour about ten years Ago with Jupitus and Edmondson at the Apollo and I was crying with laughter at them.
utterly brilliant.

Fucking hell, a Bonzos thread on bluemoon!

Start with The Doughnut in Granny's Greenhouse, it is a masterpiece.

I have their entire catalogue in a boxed CD set as well as Viv's "Sir Henry at Rawlinson End."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.