Full Backs?

Maybe. Fernandinho as 2nd choice right-back could work...or maybe use Denayer there idk. I think we're looking to get Bertrand because we still need more homegrown players
Yeah, I get the Bertrand requirement, even though I don't think I'd make the move if I were him. No freaking way am I moving to a backup situation and diminishing my chances of making the national team. But hey, he might just back himself and do it. If Delph wasn't so injury prone, I'd say just we keep Delph and let him and Dihno double as backup fullbacks. But his penchant for the physio's room makes this a poor suggestion. For my money I like Zichenko's potential as a fullback. Hope he gets the opportunity.

Yeah, I get the Bertrand requirement, even though I don't think I'd make the move if I were him. No freaking way am I moving to a backup situation and diminishing my chances of making the national team. But hey, he might just back himself and do it. If Delph wasn't so injury prone, I'd say just we keep Delph and let him and Dihno double as backup fullbacks. But his penchant for the physio's room makes this a poor suggestion. For my money I like Zichenko's potential as a fullback. Hope he gets the opportunity.

Yep. Bertrand is way too good to sit 20-40 games a season on the bench. There aren't that many quality LB's out there. And Bertrand is far better than the average Premier league LB.

The only way it makes sense to sign a back-up of FB that quality is if that player can cover more than one position. If Bertrand can play LCB in a back 3 for example. The idea of Alves i got. He is 34. But it doesn't make sense for Bertrand to join as back-up at his peak.

No freaking way am I moving to a backup situation and diminishing my chances of making the national team.

Bertrand has no chances with England.

He's 100% on the plane no matter if he's a starter or sub this season, and he's 100% behind Rose if Rose is fit.

He's 100% on the plane no matter if he's a starter or sub this season, and he's 100% behind Rose if Rose is fit.

Absolutely, I mean who would even be next in contention? Byram. He's on that plane 100%, possibly even starting if he Rose injury record is kind to him.

I think he wants to come because all he can do at this stage is win silverware, and obviously he stands a better chance here than at Soton. That and he probably wants to taste CL again.

Absolutely, I mean who would even be next in contention? Byram. He's on that plane 100%, possibly even starting if he Rose injury record is kind to him.

I think he wants to come because all he can do at this stage is win silverware, and obviously he stands a better chance here than at Soton. That and he probably wants to taste CL again.

Doesn't Byram play RB?

I would be fine with a combo of Mendy/Bertrand + Walker/Denayer/Dinho.

Denayer gives us versatility in the back and with Pep's guidance will be able to take the next step in his development like Stones. Hate the situation he's been in since he should've been with the 1st team in 15/16 if Pellers wasn't a moron and kept the worst player on the team in Demi.

I would be fine with a combo of Mendy/Bertrand + Walker/Denayer/Dinho.

Denayer gives us versatility in the back and with Pep's guidance will be able to take the next step in his development like Stones. Hate the situation he's been in since he should've been with the 1st team in 15/16 if Pellers wasn't a moron and kept the worst player on the team in Demi.
I agree with Denayer. He's been loaned out for years now, now grousing about his current situation. He has played some rb with Belgium, i think he deserves to be put through the paces of preseason and see if he sticks.

If that kid at Fulham blows up, the next thing you know is the unseen man who loses his spot.

Its just not a good idea to be a backup in the World cup year. I won't risk it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.